I recently picked up a 110 Engage Hunter XP in .243 Win. I'm new to Savage Firearms and bolt action rifles in particular. I don't have anything to compare this with as my only other rifles are 760 Gamemaster in .35 Rem. and a .50 Hawken.

I'm pleased with the fit and finish and feel that this combo package will serve it's intended use of informal paper punching and plinking well. The only negative was the scope instillation. At the 100 yd. line with some factory ammo I couldn't get on paper and had no idea where my shots were going. Backtracking to the 50 yd. line more ammo downrange and not a hole to be seen! So much for getting started with the load series I had worked up. I stopped on the was home and bought a bore sight which when tested showed the scope way left and high. Also upon closer scrutiny, the scope was out of level by about 2 degrees.

Hopefully with my scope tinkering I can be on target and get some accuracy testing done this week.

In conclusion, Pro: I like the rifle and think it will work well, Con: I don't know how Savage can claim that these scopes are bore sighted when it was as far off as this was.