This is how my .270 Winchester sits now. If picture shows?
https://imgur.com/Uz4dUuJ

I have so far upgraded my bolt carrier, replaced ejector, detent and spring, replaced plastic triger guarded with metal and set it in a Boyd's prairie hunter walnut stock.

Plans are as following. I am waiting on a x-caliber 25" 416R Stainless Steel, light puma contour, 1:10 Twist 5R Groove w/ 11 degree crown, cryogenic treated.

I have new new nut and recoil lug and barrel nut wrench waiting for more parts and tools.

i have on order a wheeler action wrench since my usual home made barrel blocks did not hold the barrel. Has worked on the ar's I have built. So I am going to try the method of placing the action wrench in a vise ant use the nut wrench to remove. I have read of others doing it this way here. Did I make a good decision on this? How will head spacing this way be?

Also on order is my go gauge from PAciffic Tool and Guage. This I am not happy about as the web page said in stock, but when ordered it showed as back ordered and my card was charged! I would not have purchased from them if I had known this because I wanted to practice / get the feel of head spacing while I waited for the barrel.

I have reading up on bedding the action and think this needs to be done but not sure I want to take this on. Seems to easy to mess things up. Drilling for pillars as hard as it seems? Maybe some can talk me into it as I feel this may be a long build.

This will be my west Texas hunting riffle. Target Animals are mule deer and aoudad.

I have lots of questions, so if your interested, please follow along and give any advise, wisdom, criticism you can think of.