Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Waiting on Apache barrel

Basic Member

I got a shipping notification today.

Had you been able to make contact? Or was this out of the blue?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Basic Member

Waiting on Apache barrel

It was just out of the blue. Had been emailing regularly but no response. Got it today and it looks quite good. I actually just wanted the blank back because I already found another barrel but I’m just glad to have gotten something back. The work does look good.

Basic Member
    Boy, I'm a little sad to read these comments. My dealings with Jim in the past have been great. I get it though. I was burned a couple times years ago by another big name in the Savage game. Never did business with them again.

Sorry to hear about your experiences, but I'll still work with Jim/Apache. So far he's done 3 barrels for me(2 Sav and one Rem) and I couldn't be happier with the fit, finish and quality of his work.

I too am waiting for a barrel. A 308, nothing too fancy. Ordered / paid for March 2018. Last I heard from Jim was October 2018. Now it's May 2019. Quite disappointing.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grouse View Post
    It was just out of the blue. Had been emailing regularly but no response. Got it today and it looks quite good. I actually just wanted the blank back because I already found another barrel but I’m just glad to have gotten something back. The work does look good.
    Glad too hear your finely going to get your barrel.

Basic Member
    I am going on 15 plus months now waiting on an Apache barrel. 6 weeks ago, I ordered the same remage barrel, chambered in 22-250 from X-caliber and it arrived today. I just do not understand the lack of communication. I still expect either a refund or a barrel from Jim, but now at least I can start my build.

Basic Member
    Order an x-caliber barrel May 1st,getting cryoed,got email today,supposed to receive FRI the 12th of july

Still nothing after 20 months. Emailed him today asking him to cancel my orders and refund my money.

I received a couple emails in the beginning of may saying the blank was in and would ship in a couple weeks. Still nothing and haven't heard anything since then either.

Basic Member
    I got an email from him the other day stating he is working through his back orders. good news i guess

Quote Originally Posted by oapstate View Post
    I got an email from him the other day stating he is working through his back orders. good news i guess
    Back orders from what decade?
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    Boy you guys sure have a whole lot more patience and understanding than I do.... IF I prepaid for a barrel well over a year ago and the guy cashed and spent my money with no product shipped or even a response to my inquiry as to the status, I'd be in my car to show up at his door demanding the barrel AND a substantial refund of part of the money just because.. Why people put up with this type of poor business practice, regardless of how nice a guy someone is or how busy, is just beyond me understanding..

Basic Member
    I got one of his barrels from eBay. It is a good shooter. But I would not want to go through what some of You have experienced.

Anybody hearing anything from Apache? He hasn't responded to me refund/cancellation request....I have not received the barrels either. Next month marks 2 years since I ordered.

I'm at month 22 on mine. I tried numerous times to get ahold of him. I finally did this summer. We sent a couple emails back and forth. He was going to get mine on top of the priority list. That was this summer. Not anothet word or barrel yet. I went with him as his quality seems to be unbeatable for the price. Lack of service is Definetly a turn off though.

Adam

Basic Member
    just think how many customers are not posting here!!!!!!!
    i got lucky.....refund pronto after cancelling a 7 month old order

I've got another email or 2 since last update saying it "might" go out in the next week. that was a month or so ago.
    the worst part is, I've went on the hunt and pretty much moved on to other plans for this type of build. I guess it cant hurt to have an extra 6.5x55 barrel.

Basic Member
    Contact Fraud Division,Attorney Generals Office

I keep checking this thread in interest of seeing if things are being made right.

Mthomas90, you PM board is full and won't accept further PM's. If you can, sent me a PM or email as I would like to share some information with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mthomas90 View Post
    I've got another email or 2 since last update saying it "might" go out in the next week. that was a month or so ago.
    the worst part is, I've went on the hunt and pretty much moved on to other plans for this type of build. I guess it cant hurt to have an extra 6.5x55 barrel.

[B][SIZE=3]Dennis[/SIZE][/B]

FYI, Jim (Apache) and I had a great thing going a couple of years ago.

Unfortunately, I have gone through 5 back surgeries since "I" had to abruptly back out of the business! 3 of the surgeries were just last year.

This is the first time I have revealed this information as I thought the first operation was going to be successful putting me back in the saddle with the barrel business. This is the reason I never revealed what my issues were.

I remember many names I am seeing on this site, thus the reason for my post. I fell I still have many good friends here!

Jim is a great guy, but were all having "issues" the older we get! At least I am!

Hopefully my dream will come back to life!

Mthomas90, I sent you an email.

Thanks,
    Dennis
    Accurate Barrels

Quote Originally Posted by Mthomas90 View Post

[B][SIZE=3]Dennis[/SIZE][/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    FYI, Jim (Apache) and I had a great thing going a couple of years ago.

Unfortunately, I have gone through 5 back surgeries since "I" had to abruptly back out of the business! 3 of the surgeries were just last year.

This is the first time I have revealed this information as I thought the first operation was going to be successful putting me back in the saddle with the barrel business. This is the reason I never revealed what my issues were.

I remember many names I am seeing on this site, thus the reason for my post. I fell I still have many good friends here!

Jim is a great guy, but were all having "issues" the older we get! At least I am!

Hopefully my dream will come back to life!

Mthomas90, I sent you an email.

Thanks,
    Dennis
    Accurate Barrels
    Wow.....looks like everybody that has paid and waiting for the product is due a refund.

Been trying to get a refund out of him. I can't get any kind of a response out of him. Currently over 2 years on my orders.

Quote Originally Posted by MTNMAN5C View Post
    Been trying to get a refund out of him. I can't get any kind of a response out of him. Currently over 2 years on my orders.
    That is crazy! And that back surgery story is even more crazy...

Pay people back. You don't have to be able to walk to get somebody to send checks or do electronic transfers. Those that have paid for a product deserve a refund.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast