Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Waiting on Apache barrel

I got an email back finally.... an auto reply email saying he will be back November 5th.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mthomas90 View Post
    I got an email back finally.... an auto reply email saying he will be back November 5th.

I got the same one!

I've come to the conclusion that it's just not worth the wait. I'll gladly pay t he extra $ for barrels that are delivered on time with better communication to boot.
    Not knocking jimmies skills behind the lathe. His lack of communication for what ever reason equates to bad business. Last barrel he made for me was contoured incorrectly. He said he,d contour it to my liking. Just send it back. I advised him not to worry about it. I didn't want to wait anymore. Sadly, it's probably the last barrel Ill get jimmy to cut for me. I wish him the best.
    Life is tuff.....its even tuffer when your stupid
    {John Wayne}

Bugholes is a great option for a competition barrel. There are lots of options for a good shooter out there as well.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

I hate to hear all the above!

Jim's business grew very quick. He is an honest man, just overwhelmed with orders.

I know my comment doesn't make things better. One day "soon" I hope I will be able to help him.

Dennis

PS: First thing I will do is get my "subscription" active again!

I have read several post. My first thoughts after being gone for over a year or two, it appears "all" are having trouble.

I know competition is tough, it was an issue when I had "Accurate Barrels"! Getting good quality blanks in a timely manner has always been an issue, which is part of the problem with Jim (Apache).

Always increasing overhead, and trying to maintain a quality operation, and keeping prices down has made it tough on most Pre-Fit suppliers.
    [B][SIZE=3]Dennis[/SIZE][/B]

Thanks for the update Dennis, Those of us that have known Jim, for me almost a decade now. He is a good guy that got overwhelmed. Anyone who has a good product in demand with little help can quickly get covered up. He has always done me right and I will always recommend him. This doesn't help the guys that have been waiting so long with hard earned money out there. I think the recent use of automatic replies is much better than nothing. My son picked up the last two of his 6.5 Creedmoor X-caliber barrels you carried at Accurate, and both are top notch. He has several projects waiting on Jim's plate to loose a little weight. I can't talk him into anything else.

Wow, and I thought that my wait from a July order was taking a long time! Jim had originally told me a month for my build, now it looks like I might not get it anytime soon. Has anyone been successful at canceling an order and getting a refund?

Matt

I am thinking of "showing" up at his home just to check on him, just a thought at this time, but may happen very soon!

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I am thinking of "showing" up at his home just to check on him, just a thought at this time, but may happen very soon!
    Dennis, I’d hate to put you out, but if a visit would be easy to facilitate it would personally alleviate a lot of trepidation. No doubt Jim is overwhelmed, but a bit of communication would go a looooong ways, even if it vicariously comes from you.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDog View Post
    Dennis, I’d hate to put you out, but if a visit would be easy to facilitate it would personally alleviate a lot of trepidation. No doubt Jim is overwhelmed, but a bit of communication would go a looooong ways, even if it vicariously comes from you.
    [QUOTE][Thanks for the update Dennis, Those of us that have known Jim, for me almost a decade now. He is a good guy that got overwhelmed. Anyone who has a good product in demand with little help can quickly get covered up. He has always done me right and I will always recommend him. This doesn't help the guys that have been waiting so long with hard earned money out there. I think the recent use of automatic replies is much better than nothing. My son picked up the last two of his 6.5 Creedmoor X-caliber barrels you carried at Accurate, and both are top notch. He has several projects waiting on Jim's plate to loose a little weight. I can't talk him into anything else./QUOTE]

FYI, I have been in contact with Apache. I believe we will have lunch next week.

Let's leave it here for right now, and I or we will post updates as they happen. A lot of planning is involved.

Thanks for your support, Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDog View Post
    Thanks for the update Dennis, Those of us that have known Jim, for me almost a decade now. He is a good guy that got overwhelmed. Anyone who has a good product in demand with little help can quickly get covered up. He has always done me right and I will always recommend him. This doesn't help the guys that have been waiting so long with hard earned money out there. I think the recent use of automatic replies is much better than nothing. My son picked up the last two of his 6.5 Creedmoor X-caliber barrels you carried at Accurate, and both are top notch. He has several projects waiting on Jim's plate to loose a little weight. I can't talk him into anything else.[
    FYI, I have been in contact with Apache. I believe we will have lunch next week.

Let's leave it here for right now, and I or we will post updates as they happen. A lot of planning is involved.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post

Thank you sir.

Basic Member
    delete post

Basic Member
    full prompt refund here
    Quote Originally Posted by volfan98 View Post
    Wow, and I thought that my wait from a July order was taking a long time! Jim had originally told me a month for my build, now it looks like I might not get it anytime soon. Has anyone been successful at canceling an order and getting a refund?

Matt

Not knowing anything about Jim business with the exception that all his efforts that I have been involved with are quality, similar to Jim himself and that he has missed many deadlines. I think what would help Apache is if he gave customers a purchase order number. A simple spreadsheet could help him track everything and could be used as a reference of when the order was made, details of the order, the time-frame on barrel acquisition etc...etc...

That would make a accurate response from Apache to inquiring customers simple.

There are some good cheap and even free programs to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    Not knowing anything about Jim business with the exception that all his efforts that I have been involved with are quality, similar to Jim himself and that he has missed many deadlines. I think what would help Apache is if he gave customers a purchase order number. A simple spreadsheet could help him track everything and could be used as a reference of when the order was made, details of the order, the time-frame on barrel acquisition etc...etc...

That would make a accurate response from Apache to inquiring customers simple.

There are some good cheap and even free programs to help.
    full prompt refund here

Originally Posted by volfan98

Matt
    Things are not going to happen overnight, but I am sure they are going to happen.

FYI, Dennis

Sorry for a few of the double posts. I don't know where the issue is, but hopefully either I or Jim will figure it out.

FWIW, I have had a few ask why I disappeared for 2 years now.

2 back operations is the reason, but things are looking good for me now.

When someone is told they may be paralyzed from the waist down within 6 months, it will get your attention. I stopped everything to get this taken care of.

I also hope to be competing again 2019!

Thanks, Dennis

Glad you're doing better.
    {John Wayne}

Quote Originally Posted by eddiesindian View Post
    Glad you're doing better.
    Thanks, and it feels great to be back in the swing!

Dennis

I noticed you were energized lately.

So has anybody heard anything from Jim in the last 4-6 months? I'd rather have my barrel, but would take a refund if its not ever going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mthomas90 View Post
    So has anybody heard anything from Jim in the last 4-6 months? I'd rather have my barrel, but would take a refund if its not ever going to happen.

I too had to wait that long for mine. I got lucky with mine in the sense that I got a hold as he responded to my email. I reminded him about my order and he delivered 2 weeks later after a 6 month wait.
    Asking paying customers to be patient without a good line of communication is a bit to ask for. I'll never second question jimmies ability running the lathe, he,s organizing needs work.
    {John Wayne}

I was able to contact him via his eBay listings. He responded and is currently working on my barrrels. 14 months

Question: What's everyone's thoughts on the most sought after "Savage" Pre-Fits?

Usually everything in 243/6mm's (8 twists), 264/6.5mm's (8 twists), 30 calibers (10 & 12 twists), 284/7mm's (mostly 9 twist), and now 338's (9 twists) are getting popular!

6.5/Creedmoor's, 26" Length, 8 twists are pretty popular. Heavy Varmint contours being the most popular.

308's, 10 twist, 26" or 28" Length are popular. Either Heavy Varmint (.80 @ the muzzle), and some bulls!

284 Winchester's, 9 twist, 26" & 28" lengths, Heavy Varmint Contour. Bulls are also popular!

Then the famous 243, most popular are Heavy Varmint 8 twist, 26" length. Many in the Mid West love the 243's. Personally, the 243 with 55 or 70 grain Nosler Plastic Tips are brutal on pest roaming the fields in the Mid West! 400 to 500 yard shots are nothing for the 243 w NBT'S! There is also a 90 grain pill, NBT if this is your choice. I have seen many "Targets" with the 70 grain NBT's, and IMO that's all you need! 3,500 fps plus!

I talk to many who love the 338's shooting 168 grain bullets! 4,200 fps plus, I have two, and call them my 22-250's on Steroids! This combination is "very serious" on game or pests!

Just thinking tonight, Dennis

ETC ETC ETC

All 416R Stainless.

Then we have the Rem-Age line!

Just thinking, share your ideas. No recommendations below a 223 please!

Dennis

6CM, 7mm08, 6.5mm or 7mm RCM/PRC,

There are a lot of actions that are taking savage pre-fits so the market is expanding.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast