Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Waiting on Apache barrel

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    6CM, 7mm08, 6.5mm or 7mm RCM/PRC,

There are a lot of actions that are taking savage pre-fits so the market is expanding.
    Yes, and it's going to be tough to keep everything on the shelves!

The calibers you mentioned above I can pretty well assure you they will be Special Order Items only, except the 6.5's. The 6CM I assume your referring to the "Creedmoor's"?

Dennis
    [B][SIZE=3]Dennis[/SIZE][/B]

Basic Member
    284 Shehane

Hurray!!! Both of my barrels arrived today. 14 months

Quote Originally Posted by Mthomas90 View Post
    Has anybody heard from Jim at Apache lately? I ordered a barrel a while back for an antelope hunt from him. I haven't heard anything from him in a while, trying to figure out if I need to have another gun ready in its place.

Thanks,
    Michael

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Michael, PM me the details of your order. And yes, I have talked to Jim a few times in the last 2 weeks.

Thanks, Dennis

Basic Member
    Dennis,
    My guess is sporter contour 6.5 creed 8tw, 6 creed 7tw, 260 rem 8tw both remage & sav small shank would sell like hotcakes if they were stocking items. Any time they come up for sale on boards like this one, whether aftermarket or factory take offs they don't last long.

Quote Originally Posted by mnbogboy2 View Post
    Dennis,
    My guess is sporter contour 6.5 creed 8tw, 6 creed 7tw, 260 rem 8tw both remage & sav small shank would sell like hotcakes if they were stocking items. Any time they come up for sale on boards like this one, whether aftermarket or factory take offs they don't last long.
    Great suggestions, Thanks,
    Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Michael, PM me the details of your order. And yes, I have talked to Jim a few times in the last 2 weeks.

Thanks, Dennis
    Sent.

Sent.

Got it, Dennis

Basic Member
    I believe in good communication,had one ordered from him,but later canceled,can’t stand no communication

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    6CM, 7mm08, 6.5mm or 7mm RCM/PRC,

There are a lot of actions that are taking savage pre-fits so the market is expanding.
    Yes, there already very popular!

My only wish would be to have everyone on the same "Caliber" page!!!! I know it's wont' happen, the cost of the reamers and maintenance is one of the biggest factors!

I would love to buy a CNC with "ready to go" software! Jim would love this!

PS: bore and twist are no problem, just the caliber choices. You will tie up a small fortune in reamers! And some calibers, you might have 3 or more reamers!

Dennis

Basic Member
    338-06 and 35whelen in 20-24” with a medium sporter contour for big game hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Yes, there already very popular!

My only wish would be to have everyone on the same "Caliber" page!!!! I know it's wont' happen, the cost of the reamers and maintenance is one of the biggest factors!

I would love to buy a CNC with "ready to go" software! Jim would love this!

PS: bore and twist are no problem, just the cartridge choices. You will tie up a small fortune in reamers! And some chamberings , you might have 3 or more reamers!

Dennis
    Carbide reamers go a long way for a prefit shop, at least in the high volume chambers.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Any new updates from Apache? Been waiting on 3 barrels for over 1-year. I haven't had a single email reply from him....zero updates.

Quote Originally Posted by MTNMAN5C View Post
    Any new updates from Apache? Been waiting on 3 barrels for over 1-year. I haven't had a single email reply from him....zero updates.
    i was able to message him on eBay to get a response finally after over a year wait on two.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by snowgetter1 View Post
    i was able to message him on eBay to get a response finally after over a year wait on two.
    Without getting into details, did he give you any insight or just more promises? I see he has several barrels posted on his eBay store, even some VERY similar to the one I ordered 610 days ago. Pretty d@mn frustrating. I got a compete rifle with all new components, chassis, scope, mount, bipod, ($$$) etc etc etc. just sitting collecting dust, waiting. If I had the money (which I don’t now) I’d just buy a prefit and enjoy it. But now I’m just relegated to curmudgeonly complain about it here. Sorry fellas.

No insight. I just message him that I was amazed that I could see plenty of reviews with "fast delivery" on eBay while long time forum/multiple barrel customers wait. He just said he was sorry and got the barrels done.

Basic Member
    It's been almost 14 months. I've sent him another email demanding production or a refund.

Basic Member
    I have been eyeballing some of his barrels on eBay...seems like a good price but if everyone is having issues not sure that it’s worth going through it all. Can usually get a good used barrel off of one of these forums to you in a week

Basic Member
    He has a Krieger blank of mine and I have not heard a word since December after multiple emails. I also prepaid for all the work. At a loss.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grouse View Post
    He has a Krieger blank of mine and I have not heard a word since December after multiple emails. At a loss.
    Sorry to hear Grouse, he only has my money, I guess that’s trying to look on the bright side? I understand being swamped and behind, as I’m usually that way myself. But when I do take on too much, I sure as heck don’t take more on, nor do I actively look for more projects on eBay. IF and it’s a big IF, if I absolutely HAD to take on a few more jobs, I’d feel compelled to work on my backlog first. But I think Jim knocks out the easy ones like a sort of triage, snagging that easy money while those of us are left to wait. (...and wait....)

Sorry about the Krieger. Seriously, sorry.

I still havent heard anything from him. It's been since August I think.
    I dont mind waiting but I'd like to be in communication... I'm getting a little frustrated now.

Basic Member
    I still havent heard anything from him. It's been since August I think.
    I dont mind waiting but I'd like to be in communication... I'm getting a little frustrated now.

Well, I know it’s not much help, but know that you aren’t alone. I haven’t heard from him in over a year despite several emails. I’m currently on day 632 of my wait, or day 632 of my money being held hostage. If Louisiana wasn’t so far away I’d just take me a little road trip.

I just checked Jim’s eBay listings. Still at it, complete with a barrel listing VERY similar to what a I ordered 1 year, 8 months and 22 days ago. The following was copied direct from that listing:

The barrel will be completed and shipped within 3 - 5 business days

I don’t know wether to be infuriated, entertained, or exasperated. Lol. I have no other way to get this fiasco out my system but gripe on here to you guys. I guess I’ve just become a grumpy old man. (A grumpy curmudgeon that has a really nice rifle with all new parts but no barrel...) Sorry fellas. :-(

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDog View Post
    Well, I know it’s not much help, but know that you aren’t alone. I haven’t heard from him in over a year despite several emails. I’m currently on day 632 of my wait, or day 632 of my money being held hostage. If Louisiana wasn’t so far away I’d just take me a little road trip.

I just checked Jim’s eBay listings. Still at it, complete with a barrel listing VERY similar to what a I ordered 1 year, 8 months and 22 days ago. The following was copied direct from that listing:

The barrel will be completed and shipped within 3 - 5 business days

I don’t know whether to be infuriated, entertained, or exasperated. Lol. I have no other way to get this fiasco out my system but gripe on here to you guys. I guess I’ve just become a grumpy old man. (A grumpy curmudgeon that has a really nice rifle with all new parts but no barrel...) Sorry fellas. :-(
    Here's my suggestion...

Send a certified letter requiring signature on receipt and delivery confirmation detailing the following:

1) the date the order was placed
    2) specifics of the barrel ordered
    3) payment method used and date of charge/transfer if CC or PayPal - or copy of cancelled check or M/O receipt if available
    4) printed copies of any email correspondence with him since then regarding delivery times
    5) printed copy of current ebay ads showing same or similar barrel.

Jim's a great guy and was a very active member here for years before he started making barrels, so I'm fairly confident in saying he would never intentionally rip someone off. Unfortunately he got in way over his head on this and didn't have a solid plan or process in place on how to run this business and it has been biting him in the rear for several years now as orders slip through the cracks and guys such as yourself get extremely frustrated as a result.

It has to be a little aggravating for you though when you see he's sold 27 barrels on Ebay in the last month. Seems he has no problem communicating with the people he's doing business with on there.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jo2015 View Post
    I believe in good communication,had one ordered from him,but later canceled,can’t stand no communication
    im with ya...gave up on apache a long time ago....full refund.....50-75 bux aint worth the hassle!!!!!!

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Baker View Post
    Here's my suggestion...

Send a certified letter requiring signature on receipt and delivery confirmation detailing the following:

Jim's a great guy and was a very active member here for years before he started making barrels, so I'm fairly confident in saying he would never intentionally rip someone off.

It has to be a little aggravating for you though when you see he's sold 27 barrels on Ebay in the last month. Seems he has no problem communicating with the people he's doing business with on there.
    I’ll try the certified letter route. I’ve got nothing to lose at this point.

And just to clarify, I know Jim’s a good guy and despite being frustrated I never thought that he’s intentionally trying to rip me or anyone else off. I still respect his work, and if I didn’t, I would have taken action to get a full refund by now. I know he’s swamped, and treading water while trying to keep afloat is hard to do. I just wish he’d attack this issue a bit different and come from a “First in, first out” approach. I have a sinking feeling my barrel was either forgotten about, or has been buried in a stack of new customers.

Thanks for the input, and I’ll definitely try.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast