Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Waiting on Apache barrel

Waiting on Apache barrel

Has anybody heard from Jim at Apache lately? I ordered a barrel a while back for an antelope hunt from him. I haven't heard anything from him in a while, trying to figure out if I need to have another gun ready in its place.

Thanks,
    Michael

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I would say yes, have another rig at the ready. Jimmy does fab work but him communication lacks. He,ll get your barrel to you eventually

How long ago did you order your barrel? I ordered two in October 17. Got a response, about two months, after posting in a topic on here about the delay. He said he would get on it. Sent another email last week no response. However, I saw he has stopped taking new orders on his website. Just hoping my barrels are in the cue somewhere. Hoping.............

Mid May I think. It's not a real big deal for me, it really saves me money on my fast approaching hunt if I dont get it actually. Haha

Mid may is nothing to worry about. 1 year would concern me.

My last project from jim only took a few weeks, I guess I should have planned for a longer wait.
    Hopefully the 243ai can handle a speed goat!

Basic Member
    I have been waiting since January.....

Basic Member
    Unfortunately many people have caught on to his barrels especially competitors.

In general all savage barrel providers are probably more tasked out than normal thanks to the recent push for prefits and prefit compatible custom actions.

This has been a good and bad experiance for me as id been asking for prefits for customs for awhile and now i have to sit in line lol.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The oh I am just sitting in line but as i approach 1 year and see others post about getting barrels in a few weeks or few months it starts to become a bit frustrating. Especially when there is no communication from the person I have paid.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by snowgetter1 View Post
    The oh I am just sitting in line but as i approach 1 year and see others post about getting barrels in a few weeks or few months it starts to become a bit frustrating. Especially when there is no communication from the person I have paid.
    1yr.. id be pissed too. Especially reason #1 why i went with prefits. Low wait time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by snowgetter1 View Post

Agreed, the lack of communication is what kills me. It better be a shooter! What are you guys waiting on? I placed an order with Apache (In January)! for a 23 in, sporter contour 22-250 1/9 twist, X-caliber 5R. I am building a rem-age for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by oapstate View Post
    Agreed, the lack of communication is what kills me. It better be a shooter! What are you guys waiting on? I placed an order with Apache (In January)! for a 23 in, sporter contour 22-250 1/9 twist, X-caliber 5R. I am building a rem-age for the first time.
    Same here. I dont mind waiting but I'd like to hear from him that its looking like xx weeks or months. I was originally told a couple months.
    Mines a 26" varmint contour 6.5x55 threaded muzzle xcaliber blank.

I ordered a clone 22-250AI to one he had already done for me and a 30" 7mm-300 win mag! The 7mm will be my long range prairie dog gun. Really was hoping to get it this summer to work on loads. These would be around my 5th and 6th barrels from him.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mthomas90 View Post
    Same here. I dont mind waiting but I'd like to hear from him that its looking like xx weeks or months. I was originally told a couple months.
    I too was told “a couple of months”, but I’m currently waiting without any communication on day 454. OR if you are so inclined, one year, two months and 28 days. (But who’s counting.....)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDog View Post

I too was told “a couple of months”, but I’m currently waiting without any communication on day 454. OR if you are so inclined, one year, two months and 28 days. (But who’s counting.....)
    Absolutely ridiculous. i have PM him, sent emails, message via his website, and message just a couple days ago via his orders page on his website. Crickets.... Really need to know if I will have my barrels by next spring or not because I will need them for a prairie dog trip.

Basic Member
    I’ve tried all those methods to try to eke out a response, and the only thing that worked was sending an email with my paypal receipt attached. Jim did respond, and said I was not forgotten. A quick note would alleviate my fears that I’m out a barrel AND a chunk of money that I really kind of wish I didn’t part with. Jim’s work comes so highly recommended that I took a chance, and I’m sure IF I ever get my barrel that it will probably be nice, but at over 450 days, I think there is far more to play than just being “really busy”.

Basic Member
    I received an email from him a couple months back on some barrels I ordered mid-December of 17. He mentioned there had been some health issues and he'd get them to me.

I order oe in april and have tried to make contact with him several time with no answer. Really disappointed. I really don't know what to do.

Basic Member
    Order a pre fit from Pac Nor. You'll be much happier. Mine only took 7 weeks.
    #10 G.I. Vietnam. You got anymore ammo?

Basic Member
    I hope yall get your money back or a product soon. I had to skip over him and ordered from x-caliber.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shooterfpga View Post
    I hope yall get your money back or a product soon. I had to skip over him and ordered from x-caliber.
    I hope so too! Day 494, nothing yet.

Basic Member
    From everything I have read the Apache dude is a nice guy and produces good work...when he produces anything. Seems like it is a crap shoot at best that you will ever receive a product. Why do people keep handing him money? Is his stuff really any better/cheaper than others???? He uses x-caliber blanks...just order from them.

Quote Originally Posted by celltech View Post
    From everything I have read the Apache dude is a nice guy and produces good work...when he produces anything. Seems like it is a crap shoot at best that you will ever receive a product. Why do people keep handing him money? Is his stuff really any better/cheaper than others???? He uses x-caliber blanks...just order from them.
    I had ordered about 5 barrels from him no problem. Then I ordered a 22-250AI a couple of years ago and things went slow. Had trouble getting ahold of him, but he did deliver it in about 7-9 months. My mistake was wanting a second 22-250AI then he had a no charge muzzle threading sale and I am now into him for two more barrels. Over a year now and crickets. I should have seen it coming. Really don't know what to do at this point. Very sad someone takes your money but can't deliver or even respond to inquiries a year later.

I have no idea if this is relevant. I have been told that the blanks coming from most manufacturers are iffy. One count was 1 in 5 are good enough for a precision build. The numbers are a little better with the biggest of the makers like Bartlein and Krieger. Fred had problems with suppliers( I don't know what that was about though) and has/had stopped doing any barrels unless the customer supplied it. Good luck guys and I hope you get your stuff soon.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    I have no idea if this is relevant. I have been told that the blanks coming from most manufacturers are iffy. One count was 1 in 5 are good enough for a precision build. The numbers are a little better with the biggest of the makers like Bartlein and Krieger. Fred had problems with suppliers( I don't know what that was about though) and has/had stopped doing any barrels unless the customer supplied it. Good luck guys and I hope you get your stuff soon.

so that makes sense. the one time he did reply to me, he told me he had to send the blank back to xcaliber.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast