Thread: Front action screw spacer with detachable mag kit

Front action screw spacer with detachable mag kit

I am building a 6.5 Creed on a model 11 action. I used a Bell and Carlson Tactical Medalist Style 6 stock and a Pacific Tool and Gauge detachable mag bottom metal. I had to machine the aluminum bedding block to accept the mag. After machining the front action screw will not tighten up enough. Did I screw up or am I missing something like a spacer? Has anyone else run into this problem?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    It sort of reminds me of a problem I had with a completely different style of build where I was switching to a stock with an aluminum bedding block. My fix was simple, the front action screw was just a bit too long and was bottoming out before tightening down. I know that sounds simple, but it had me puzzled for a few minutes until I noticed the end of the screw had rub marks on it. Once I figured out that was the issue, I just filed the action screw down a couple threads, but WARNING, don't do that unless you figure out that's the problem first.

I'm thinking that's what it is. I'll try coloring the bottom of the bolt and thread the screw in. If it is rubbing, I'll be able to tell without marring anything up too bad. Then just cut the bolt down or see if I can find a shorter one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I leave the action out, put the screws all of the way in and turn the stock over to measure how much the screws protrude. To long I cut/grind it, to little I get longer ones.

Haha yeah don't cut too much like I did. Now I have to wait till Tuesday to buy new one. Haha oh well. I used the same bottom metal with a body's and need longer one in the front. The new ones I bought did not have a shoulder on them. Good luck.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk