So my saga continues . Took my Model 10 Predator in 243 to the range to try and sight in my replacement scope. This is the gun/scope I posted about 3 weeks ago where it required 70+ clicks of windage to get near zero. Then I had some odd POI shifts from minor click adjustments so the scope was suspected and sent back.

I was shipped a new replacement scope so I mounted it and took it to the range today. I am using Burris Zee Signature Rings (recommended here) and a Mueller 4.5-14x40AO APT scope. The rings mounted securely to the Savage stock weaver bases.

Today the gun was consistently shooting 25.5" to the left of my POA (at 100 yards). I rotated my rings front to rear to ensure there was nothing wrong with them and it still shot way out there to the left. So not the rings, and I'm on my second scope. I did shoot a decent 1.25" group but it was 25" to the left. I know I can turn the windage turret (a lot) and adjust that but I just feel something else is wrong and I would only be temporarily masking the underlying problem.

What should I do? Return directly to Savage? Return my dealer (who is 50 miles away one way)? I don't see this being resolved this hunting season which is very demoralizing :-[. Will Savage take a serious look at it or will they replace something and send it back without a lot of checking? I had a lot of hopes built up to be enjoying this gun right now.