Thread: Missing Screw from 20 MOA Rail

Missing Screw from 20 MOA Rail

Hey guys,

Brand new member, but I was hoping you guys could help me track down this screw I've been looking for. I recently purchased a Savage Model 110t in 6.5 CM at my local gunstore. I purchased a Vortex Viper PST and had them mount it in the store. After the first day at the range I noticed the scope rail had some wiggle in it, so I removed the scope and used loctite on the screws. I noticed the the third screw (from the barrel to the action) was missing. I tried to get away with it but even after using loctite on the other three screws the assembly still has some play.

I've emailed savage twice, without response, and I've poured over what literature I have/have been able to find online and I can't find anywhere that tells me what screw I need to replace it, or where I could order one.

Here's hoping you guys can help me out.

Thanks,
    --Kyle H

UPDATE: I called the Savage customer support line instead of emailing them and the customer support couldn't have been better. It only took the lady 15 seconds to get the part number she needed and they're sending the part to me at no cost. I couldn't be happier with the support I received.
    Last edited by fsatatkid; 08-14-2018 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Update

You need 4 screws but if you still have some wiggle I suggest trying this. Remove all of the screws and clean all of the loctite off of everything including the bottom of the base. Lay the screws out to verify that one is shorter than the other two. If they are all the same length. Install one at a time skipping the most forward screw hole. Make sure the base is secure as you tighten them all. If one is shorter put that one in the forward hole over the barrel threads. Contact Savage and tell them you were missing a Short or a Long base mount screw for your model. EGW might help but I doubt it.

Basic Member
    Yeah, don't bother emailing. Call customer service. I am betting they will send you one right away, no charge.

Your gunsmith should have extra screws he can put in there for ya.

Thanks for the help guys! Much appreciated!