Thread: Lost Clip For Clip Package .243

johnnyrambo

Lost Clip For Clip Package .243

First of all, let me say I've thoroughly enjoyed reading through numerous informative posts on this newly found website. There appears to be a great wealth of information here. I am a long time hunter who owns 2 Savage rifles. I have a Savage 11 11FL Hunter 7mm WSM Left Hand that I use to hunt and occasionally shoot targets. It bears a Burris 4.5 x 14 scope. I've been very pleased with this new gun and shot targets out to 500 yards for the first time last weekend. I've never shot at that range before and was pleasantly surprised that I could even hit such long range targets. I shot at such distances to determine my ethical limitations for game. However, I discovered that the process is addictive and I may find myself with a new hobby. I don't know that I'll ever take up serious bench shooting, but it is good to know that I can regularly hit what I'm aiming at!

On to my question (and "Yes", my search ahead of time yielded no results). My son has a Savage promotional .243 clip package from Dick's ("11FCXP3 CLIP PKG" - I think). He has managed to lose the removable clip. I have found all kinds of conflicting information on the proper replacement clip. I think it is the Savage model "55100." Assuming that I have the model number correct, can anyone here verify that the "55100" is the correct clip? If there are other recommended models, please feel free to comment. Thanks in advance!

pa_wdchuckhuntr

Re: Lost Clip For Clip Package .243

It's a centerfeed detachable box magazine. Your best bet is to call Savage customer service directly and order one (don't forget to specify gloss or matte, the 11 fcxp3 should be gloss). Savage customer service is great and they ship quickly. You could also try Sharp Shooter Supply, Northland Shooter Supply or the classifieds on this site. You'll have to have a paid membership to veiw the classifieds.

johnnyrambo

Resolution: It turns out that wdchuckhuntr's sage advice is correct. There seems to be several variations of these clips. In my particular case, the 55100 clip is not correct. Savage customer service sold me the correct clip, which was the 55105. And, as suggested, Savage customer service was knowledgeable and helpful, not to mention quick to ship the needed part.

Dirk

They are NOT CLIPS! They are MAGAZINES. Try to remember that. Even Savage refers to them as MAGAZINES on the package.

johnnyrambo

Thanks for the not so subtle reminder. And... I've seen that the there seems to be a bit of hostility here regarding that particular nomenclature. I was just using the dealer model number and description. You've convinced me - - good luck trying to convince Savage to stop calling it a "Clip Package" in their dealer catalog.