Thread: Member building a point blank BR rifle???

Basic Member

Member building a point blank BR rifle???

I remember a member last year discussing their intention to build a rifle for 100/200 yd BR. The member had proven success with customs and wanted to see what they could do with a Savage based platform. I remember the discussion, but I can't find any details. I have tried to search for that thread with no luck. Anybody remember the thread or the member? I want any update. I am also playing with my Savage actions with 6BRs and 30BRs for point-blank BR matches. However, my SSS stock will never allow me to make LV weight.

Just searching for info, tiny

82boy

Re: Member building a point blank BR rifle???

There is a couple of Savage benchrest rigs. One of the fellows I shoot with has one that was built by SSS. He is a good shooter, and has placed 2nd in a registered match up in Holton Mi, and may have placed in a couple of others. (Not with a Savage, but with a hall or a stole) He has two Bats that are built. and the savage shoots every bit as good as they do.

His Savage is a target action, in a TM stock, with a 6PPC Krieger barrel, and a 45x Leupold. I shot it once and shot a group in the low .2's with it. It makes weight. (Under 10.5)

I have a laminate stocked Savage in 6PPC that makes weight. (Just under 10.5) Dang it took a lot of work to get it there! It is a Krieger barrel, with a boosted t36 weaver on it. Best group I have shot with it is a .122, but it will shot in the .2s consistently. The aforementioned rifle is much nicer to shoot, and looks better than mine, (Dang I am jealous.) But he has a lot more money wrapped up in his rig.

Sharpshooter has a One off custom Savage drop port in a catalpa wood stock that will make LV weight. It is one dang nice rig as well.

I don't recall any other discussions on BR rigs, unless your thinking of discussions of our guns.