Thread: 6.5 differance

Basic Member

6.5 differance

Well today I thought I would try a couple of different 6.5Creedmoor ammos,I usually shoot 140GR so today I tried 129 Winchester and it was all over the place at 200 yards. I thought maybe some different impact zone but with 20 shots it looked like a shotgun patern.So i went back to 140gr and i was back to 1in groups.but the guy shooting next to me uses 129 and he is right on tight groups.

Different barrels have different personalities. What one likes another may not. Also, different ammo from different manufactures may be made to varying degrees of quality. Lot of variables involved besides bullet weight.

Basic Member
    Sounds like my 308 and my buddy's same gun just mine is left hand his is right. Mine loves 175. His loves 168.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I usually shoot 140GR so today I tried 129 Winchester and it was all over the place at 200 yards.
    The only ammunition I have ever actually wrote a manufacturer about. This was the absolute worst!

Basic Member
    Have you tried the Hornaday BLACK in 140 gr? Shoots amazingly well out of a stock Savage 12FV in 6.5 CM.
    Banning a gun will not solve what is a mental health crisis inflamed by incendiary rhetoric on social and television media. The first amendment in this case is less precious and more likely the causal factor than the second amendment.

The Hornady Black 140gr was outstanding in mine also. Ordered 200 more rounds.

Basic Member
    Not yet but i will try.my gun likes federal 140 and Hornady match 140 but I’m always trying to improve.

Basic Member
    Several years ago I tried some Winchester 140 gr Match ammo. It was inconsistent so I ran some round over the chronograph. Velocities were all over the map.

My 0.264" (.260 Rem 1:8" twist, not a Creedmoor) just could not abide Hornady 140 Gr SST. Of the eight 125gr to 143gr bullets I have tried that one just would not play nice.
    "They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance." Last words of Gen. Sedgwik

Basic Member
    I bought a box of the Winchester “USA ready” 125gr and it shot pretty well, so I bought some in bulk. Haven’t found another box that shoots worth damn since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by stomp442 View Post
    Different barrels have different personalities. What one likes another may not. Also, different ammo from different manufactures may be made to varying degrees of quality. Lot of variables involved besides bullet weight.
    yeah what he said !

I bought a box of the Winchester “USA ready” 125gr and it shot pretty well....Haven’t found another box that shoots worth damn since.
    What he said too.

And since the 6.5 Creedmoor and the 260 Remington, 243 Winchester and many bore more are overBores it’s better to say with the heaviest bullet that your rifle will stabilize.

I have a couple boxes of the Hornady Match 6.5 CM in 140 grain on order, so I'm hoping those work great.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stomp442 View Post
    Very true...Have a .25-06 that didn’t seem to like a variety of factory ammo so I reseated the bullets of the one that looked better and it dropped groups to just under moa at 200 yds.

Banned
    I have a 6.5 throphy hunter and use hornady precision hunter ammo 143 grain, 3 shot groups at 100 yards all touching