Thread: Kinneys extractor kit SS-2401

Kinneys extractor kit SS-2401

Good day. Has anyone installed the enhanced extractor kit from Kinneys shooting supply. I need to improve mine on a model 10pc and SSS won't ship to Canada. Thanks

Basic Member
    Looking at their site shows the extractor mod similar to what I have had success with.
    With the extractor firmly held I use a three corner thread file to file back the area under the extractor lip
    This mod allows the extractor to slide on to the rim a few thousandth more.
    Then I use a dremmel with a small "carrot" shaped stone to relocate the center point of the ball socket. Again .005 or .010 is about the max you are able to achieve.
    This mod has worked miracles on the only two actions I have tried it on (both 6.5 Creeds).
    They no longer "drop" or "flip" cases in the mag. So far after about 50 ends each....no drops...yeh.
    I would bet the Kinney kit might work. It also looks like the ejector has an angle cut on the end. Might be worth some more experimentation.
    My .02,
    Randy

I've been tempted to file mine as well and was wondering about somehow shifting that hole over. I ordered one to try out and will report how it performs when I get it.

I did one with a circular dremel wheel. Worked great!

Basic Member
    Every one I replaced in the past looked good, but the new one seemed to work better. I believe I saved most of them (5-10? or more). Think they need to be reworked for the future. Most times trouble happens with the shorter cases, long stuff like 25-06/30-06 seem fine.
    The little extra "grab" on the shorter cases when their angle has the ejector almost at full travel seems to keep them from slipping off.

Just received my upgrade kit and it seems to work good on old fired casings. As posted above a little grinding and sneaking the hole over a bit would probably cure it also. Kit has a longer ejector spring and the ejector has a straight tip instead of a rounded one. Have to see how it holds up.