Thread: A22 mag experiences

Basic Member

A22 mag experiences

I am looking at an A22 magnum in WMR and looking for personal experiences with this rifle IN THIS CALIBER. Not interested in the 17's.

I have had 17's in the past and am not a fan. Love my 93 in WMR so want to stick with this caliber.

I am interested in accuracy and reliability. Also curious as to cycling rates. Most of the 22LR autos I have owned will fire as fast as your finger twitches. Are these that good?

Finger Twitch Speed at your command...

Quote Originally Posted by handirifle View Post
    I am looking at an A22 magnum in WMR and looking for personal experiences with this rifle IN THIS CALIBER. Not interested in the 17's.

I have had 17's in the past and am not a fan. Love my 93 in WMR so want to stick with this caliber.

I am interested in accuracy and reliability. Also curious as to cycling rates. Most of the 22LR autos I have owned will fire as fast as your finger twitches. Are these that good?

Yes Sir, the Savage A22 M will fire on your command. Squeeze or twitch to your hearts content. I own both the A17 HMR and the A22 M. Love both of them equally well. After owning the A17 for a while, I just had to have the A22 M. Was looking for a semi-auto 22 WMR, and the A17 HMR was enough proof to me to purchase it's cousin the A22 M. The 22 mag. has always been a favorite round for me from way back in 1964.

The reliability of both my Savages has been for the most part a pleasure to shoot. When I ran cheaper ammo I had the same problems with the Savages that one would have with any other "rimfire" firearm. If the round fires you can expect progress with the next round. Purchase decent ammo, and the rifle will put a smile on your face and a hole in your wallet.

Accuracy. Same hole at 25 if you're good enough. 50yds a nickle. 100yds a quater. Time and time again. I have shot a minimum of 1200 rounds of A17's and probably 6 or 700 22mag. I'm lucky that I live in the woods, and shoot when I want.

I have aftermarket stocks on both, and I seem to have a little problem with the magazine's not wanting to "click" into it's position. Takes a little more effort to obtain that. Not Savages problem though. I haven't addressed that problem yet, and I'll get to it as soon as the barrels cool off.

Good luck with your decission and I hope this helped.

Basic Member
    7D
    thanks, yes that was what I was hoping to hear. It's now on my "next" list.