Thread: Bolt baffle issues?

Bolt baffle issues?

Forgive me for being new and asking a (possibly) dumb question, but I searched and read threads here and I didn't see anything that seemed to directly apply to my problem.

So, I was shooting my 112 competition (that I was considering making a Detachable, but am not any more) and I noticed that all of a sudden my butter smooth action was all jankey and stickey. The bolt suddenly has difficulty both opening and closing. It seems the rear baffle that rides around the rear of the bolt immediately forward of the bolt handle itself has come VERY lose, way looser than normal, and is now flopping back and forth binding things up. The bolt assembly screw is still tight, and my bolt handle is too, its just that flakey little baffle in front of where the bolt handle attaches that is the problem. Looking closely at the baffle, it seems there might be a place for a setscrew or small screw, because I can see what seems to be a detent ball through 2 holes at 90 degrees from each other. Since I only have one rifle I have nothing to compare to. I will post pics of my own rifle, but I haven't really found a forum friendly place to post them since the Photobefuct fiasco yet. In the meantime I am going to borrow one from this forum itself:

This is what is flopping:

Before I start taking things apart, and possibly breaking things, I figured I would ask here.

No set screw. It’s supposed to be a detent ball. It should clip into the bolt body. Search for “primary extraction” issues and see if that helps you at all. Also look at the bolt head, possibly the action screw is proud and making contact. Should see marks if that is the case. A feeler gauge(s) between the rear baffle and receiver will let you know if you have primary extraction issues.

edit. You might also take the bolt apart and inspect the cocking piece and ramp. Make sure there isn’t any gunk hiding inside.

When was the last time you cleaned and lubricated the bolt. What did you use, or what was the process/

Basic Member
    Clean the little spring loaded ball bearings with some spray cleaner and blow out with compressed air. Then put one drop of oil in the hole to lubricate them. That should get it working again. You can remove it without taking the bolt apart by rotating it about 180 degrees and slide it forward into the cut out in the bolt body. Assemble the reverse.

Probably a speck of powder or grit in the ball raceway. It happens.
    Banning a gun will not solve what is a mental health crisis inflamed by incendiary rhetoric on social and television media. The first amendment in this case is less precious and more likely the causal factor than the second amendment.