Thread: PTG bottom metal w/bolt release...?

Basic Member

PTG bottom metal w/bolt release...?

Exploring aftermarket DBM options for my bottom release Model 11 (I have the biggest headache)...

I had a look at some of the aftermarket AICS floorplates (Atlasworx, etc) and I've so far only found one that works with bottom-release rifles.

Allegedly, PTG makes them for bottom release guns (the release they use looks like this: )

Problem. I mailed PTG to be sure and they say it's meant for top release rifles....

the one I was checking...: http://pacifictoolandgauge.com/botto...t-release.html

Has anyone ever used PTG bottom metal for a bottom-release rifle (ie: the ones with the built-in release)?
    I could really use some guidance.

Whoever at PTG told you that, is wrong...

PTG and CDI bolt make DBM systems for the Bottom Bolt Release actions.

EDIT: the one you linked to does not appear to be a bottom bolt release model.

Basic Member
    so should I be looking for the ones specifically labeled 'with bolt release'?

The link, when I click the image, says 'remington short action sa bottom metal', so I'm confused...

EDIT: Jen from ptg replied to my email, first saying 'bottom', then replied saying 'top release'....
    EDIT 2: ooooooh I think I found the right one..! Out of stock. https://www.midwayusa.com/product/10...aluminum-black
    PTG Remington Short Action (SA) Tactical Stealth M5 Detach Mag Bottom MetalPTG Remington Short Action (SA) Tactical Stealth M5 Detach Mag Bottom editMetal'