Didn't see any posts about range bags, so I thought I would do a short review on an affordable one I've purchased.

It's the "Tactix 323141 Gate Mouth Tool Bag, 20-Inch, Black/Orange" and you can find it on Amazon for about $33.

Yes, it's designed as a tool bag, so it isn't "tacticool". But that's OK, since it's large, well-built, well-designed, and inexpensive. Have you priced some of the dedicated range bags recently?

Here's a shot of it in it's tool-carrying capacity (from the Amazon site):

One of the cool/useful things about it is that it is a "gate mouth" style top...think of old-fashioned doctor's bags. It's easy to open, and it will stay open while you grab something from inside.

It's got pockets all along the outside of the bag, and they are sized large enough for magazines, tools, eyepro, and other important items. Two of the outside pockets have cover flaps with velcro; I use these for my first-aid/blowout kits.

It also has pockets all along the inside of the bag, again well sized for many different items. The center area inside is roomy enough for large items.

It has both carry handles and a shoulder strap, and it large enough (20"x11.5"x12") to carry a LOT of stuff

Here's a shot of mine when it's loaded for a range day:

And here's a shot of the contents:

Sorry that the items are hard to distinguish, but they are:
iPhone (dedicated to Strelock, and other ballistic apps)
Full toolkit (including all the necessary hex wrenches, needle nose pliers, screwdrivers, etc. for my rifles)
Beanbag type Seat pad/front bag (those benches are hard!)
Front "bag" (modified foam yoga block)
Rear bag
ammo for several calibers
barrel cooler sox and water jug
scotch tape, painter's tape, duct tape
various mags and loading ramps
knee pads
ear pro, ear plugs, and ear pro belt carrier
eye pro (2 types)
mag loader
binocs
range finder & extra batteries
notepads, pens, markers
chamber flags
tape measure & ruler
gloves
sun hat
and I didn't take out the first-aid/blowout kits from the outside flapped pockets.

It's a lot, but not tremendously heavy (well, depending on how much ammo I bring!), and I can sling the strap over one shoulder, and still carry a cased rifle with that hand, and have a free hand for opening doors.

I still have a backpack that I use for carrying this stuff into the woods, but for range time, this bag is excellent. I'll be bringing it to the next benchrest contest.

Two thumbs up!