Hi, I'm relatively new to Savage rifles (I literally just bought mine two days ago...) and I have a sizable question about stocks.

While I have very little personal experience with Savage rifles, I understand that (as of right now, the newer actions) 110-series rifles can be either top-release or bottom-release (for the bolt), and that certain parts won't interchange.

I have a model 11 Trophy Predator Hunter rifle, in .223. The older model, pre-accufit. It's a bottom release rifle, with 'bottom metal' integral to the plastic stock, and using the detachable magazine with the built-in release.

Now, I went out to buy a rifle to build it up as a chassis rifle (a want, not a need), and I was going to get a cheap Remington and either try a KRG stock or a Magpul Hunter. The guy offered me a discount on the Savage (old stock), so I just got that since it already had a scope.

Now, I'm aware that savage makes/made some rifle chassis systems, notably;
  • 10BA - with the weird palm-shelf grip and the PRS stock.
  • 10BA Stealth - the LSS-looking chassis thing
  • Ashbury Precision Rifle - The Sabre(saber?) chassis.

I've noted that all of them are for top-release actions, but assuming that it would it my action screws, and if I were to install the bolt before assembling the rifle (attaching it to the chassis), would I be able to use it?

If not, can I make a cutout for the bolt release (a la MDT)?

Thanks,
Cat