I have 3 savages. Two 110's and an 11. One of the 110's (a G series, round action with accu-trigger) proved to be inconsistent and chronically inaccurate. After months of study, I noticed that the bolt on that gun may be the issue. I have swapped known good barrels, scopes, ammo, bolt heads, etc. When I swapped the bolt assembly for the other 110 ( an older F series) the gun shot markedly better. The suspect bolt when used in the other rifle had poor accuracy. I have found that the suspect bolt head wiggles noticably including the bolt head retaining pin. On the other 2 rifles the bolt head is held more rigidly with no wiggle.(By the way I checked the head space carefully on the bolts when swapping them)

The pins from all 3 rifles measure about the same, about 0.239/0.240. The suspect bolt's body thru hole has a noticably larger dimension. The good bolts measure 0.250/0.251. The suspect bolt through hole measures about 0.256. Also suspect is the distance of the bolt head thru hole to recoil lug but I have not studied that yet. I incorrect it could have caused battering of the bolt body thru hole.

Has anyone else had such an issue? Am I on the right track here? I don't know whether it is due to wear or had this fault from the factory. I bought the gun used over gunbroker. I have put about 1200 to 1300 rounds through it. I tried to use this action as a target rifle. I have never heard of wear in this area. A rifle like this should be good for tens of thousands of rounds without wear.