Recently obtained 2 of these for two Savage 12FV rifles, .223 and .308. The instructions were fairly minimal, and left me perplexed. Instructions seemed to indicate the ramp is installed somehow in the bottom of the blind mag, which is impossible, it is too long.

First, follow instructions on removing blind mag:

http://www.savageshooters.com/conten...er-(SF-and-CF)

I put the mag, clip and follower, (removed from the spring ) in the small zip lock bag the ramp came in for safe keeping.
You will not be using these parts with the ramp.

The ramp goes in the bottom of the action, front end first, then rear will go down level. I found lots of threads with people saying how to prevent the ramp from falling out down into area mag used to be in. Some epoxied it in, various means. I found one comment where someone had the great idea to use the spring, with follower removed. This works perfect, and everything is ready to change back if desired.

Hope this helps someone else who is puzzled how this part is installed. The thread I saw here from 2017 ended with someone wanting pics to help with installation. I was convinced that this thing went inside the mag, replacing the follower!

Russellc