I'm sure that most of us burn out ,if not on a particular round, but something else in life. I think I must have tried about every brand and model .223 Rem and I have almost burned out on the .223 Rem. It has been my favorite comfort or go to round for years, but I think I am just tired of it. I am over 70 and love shooting, gun building and load development. I have been culling out guns from my empire according to use. Since I shoot mostly .223 Rem and 6.5 CM at this time, that puts a lot of old favorites on the sale/chopping block. I have reawakened a liking for the old .308 Winchester and after many years of adventures with my old friend the .223 Rem I am going for a trial separation, I am keeping my old Mod 10/ Boyd and getting out of the .223 fast track except for AR home defense types. Most of the new little rounds on the block are interesting, but not enough to jump in after them. It's like losing an old friend, but I'm just burned out after all these years. Has anyone else ever felt this way about an old favorite round?