Thread: Savage 10 GRS

Basic Member

Savage 10 GRS

Anyone have this in 308? Just looking for comments on this rifle. Especially the stock. Currently have a 10T but want a threaded barrel and better chassis. thanks

Basic Member
    I have a Howa 1500 GRS so I guess I can comment on it. The Howa came with a 1/2" recoil pad and from the picture the Savage looks the same. You can buy a 1" for fairly cheap and it tames the recoil considerably. I don't like the forend that much. I like a pic rail for mounting a bipod and ended up drilling a hole in the stock so I would have the 2 points. The rail hits that rubber padded insert they have, but it works. For what I do it would be better to be a little wider and flatter. The palm swell is very comfortable and makes a stable shot easy. It seems stiff enough, but not as good as my B&C stocks. They seem very overpriced to me overall...

Basic Member
    I have a build for sale in the classifieds that might fit your needs. I will probably be parting it out in a few days if I don’t get any bites on the whole rifle. I love the GRS stock, it’s so ergonomic it’s like putting on your favorite pair of jeans. I am hoping to build a dedicated 6mm PRS rig and want a stock/chassis win a ARCA Swiss rail to easy slide attachments and barricade stops depending on the stage. I ended up upgrading the bottom metal to the accurate mag that is OEM for the savage 10 GRS, it makes for much easier reloads over the factory bottom metal the the GRS comes inverted for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    Thanks for the offer. Am sticking with 308. Had a 6.5 CM but sold that for a 338 LM, which takes care of my long range needs. Sweet rifle though.