Thread: B22 FVSR coming

B22 FVSR coming

I have a new B22 FVSR 16.25 barrel on its way. I ordered a Bushnell Engage 3x12x42 for it. Does anybody know if a set of low rings will work with the 20 moa rail? Going to be used as a precision rimfire competition rifle.

Mike

Just saying "low rings" doesn't tell us much as actual height varies from manufacturer to manufacturer and style to style. Generally speaking, if its an extended rail like the EGW rails you might run into issues with getting the eye relief right with low rings if it's a really short scope as often times the objective cone will hit the front edge of the rail before you're able to move it rearward enough to get the proper eye relief.

Anymore if I'm in doubt I order both low and medium and then return the set I don't use. Eliminates the frustration of having to place a second order, pay more shipping and wait several days for the other set to arrive.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

OK the rifle arrived scope mounted and initial range trip. I ended up with medium tactical rings and mounted the scope. Great scope for the money rifle is as all the Savages I have bought exceeds my expectation as a shooter. I do wish the cheek piece was higher after mounting the scope it needs raised almost 3/4 of an inch for proper cheek weld. I but a bear tooth neoprene sleeve on it but it doesn't fit the contours of the stock very well. Which cheek riser is anyone else using?

Mike

https://www.tacticalworks.com/TacOps-Cheek-Pads/

I have a couple of these and really like them. As a lefty it's hard to find any that are setup for us, but TacOps offers both LH and RH. Note that these are just a padded cheek piece, not adjustable for height. Since this is for a rimfire I'd scroll down and fine the ones with no ammo loops.

For adding thickness to raise the comb height I just go to Hobby Lobby and buy a sheet or two of this 5mm thick foam in whatever color goes best with the stock/cheek pad I'm using. I just cut ovals out to the size I need to wrap over the comb of the stock. You can just stack them loosely and use the cheep pad to compress them together, or you can use a spray adhesive to glue the stack together if you're worried about them shifting.

https://www.hobbylobby.com/Crafts-Ho...5mm/p/80763167
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    Did you get your rifle? How do you like it? Thinking of getting one myself.