So I had an experience over the weekend that turned out a bit nostalgic. I shot the first 2 stages of the day and found that my barrel went completely south on me. Completely inconsistent and couldn't stay on a 2.5-3MOA target at 400yds (I've been waiting on my second barreled action to come back due to this one getting a bit long in the tooth). I only managed to pick up 3 points out of 20 on these stages as there was no consistency what so ever....

Anyways, a good buddy of mine had a back up rifle available. A Savage Short action with a Hawk Hill Barrel chambered in 6.5x47, dropped in an XLR Element Chassis, with a Gen 1 Vortex Razor on top. I shot this rifle on the next 7 stages and to my surprise it hammered and operated reliably all day. Due to being short a couple rounds I ended up shooting 1 other borrowed rifle on the last stage of the day, but I racked up enough points to finish out the match in 7th place.

I had a lot of fun shooting that Savage and it brought me back to where I started out in almost the exact same set up. I only wish my action had ran as well as that one! I made sure to tell him he had a diamond there and should never let that savage action go! Truth be told, I'm positive that if I would have been able to shoot that Savage for the entire match I would have walked away with the win and 2nd place at the very least!

If some pictures from the weekend pop up I'll grab them and post them up!