Thread: Savage 110 magazine conversion

Savage 110 magazine conversion

Hello all,

First off... I did look through the FAGs for this issue (not saying I read ALL of them, but I didn't see this question) and this isn't the typical 110 mag conversion question.

I am trying to literally convert my 110 that already takes mags, to take standard 110 mags instead of the garbage "Axis" mags.

The specific model is the "110 Brush Hunter" as far as I can tell, its a weird hybrid rifle that has a 110 barreled action and Accutrigger, in a modified generic Axis stock that takes the Axis mags with the plastic hook release instead of the push release that is in the rifle like my older model 110.

I am interested in the cheapest solution, I know that I can get a Boyds stock and order the bottom metal and trigger guard from Savage... But at over half the cost of the rifle that seems a bit silly?

What I would like to do is make this https://www.ebay.com/itm/253746314012 fit in my existing stock... Has anyone tried this? I am not opposed to heavily modifying the Tupperware stock, but I was hoping I could just drill-out the front action screw hole?

Any input is appreciated, and thanks for taking the time to read my post! I can put some pictures up if that would help get an idea of my rifle's current weird setup...

Any modification to that stock to make a metal DBM and frame fit is uncharted territory for on the cheap. Buy a rifle with the stock you want. Change the barreled action over and sell the one you don't need.

You may or may not be able to buy that latch from Ebay and modify your stock to accept and work with it and the premium magazine. Really can't say without having both parts in hand to see what it would take to make it work and see if there's adequate material in the stock to machine away. Worst case scenario is you try it and it doesn't work out so you have to order a Boyds stock after all.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Thanks for the input, I may go with your idea J.Baker and go ahead and try the Ebay latch; if it turns out to be not doable with the Savage stock just go ahead and get the aftermarket stock.

I have some pics of the mags side-by-side and the magwell in the rifle, but I guess you can't upload files directly to this forum?
    Last edited by J.Baker; 07-23-2018 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Rule Violation - WTB ad outside of classifieds