Thread: 110 LR Hunter vs 111 LR Hunter

Basic Member

110 LR Hunter vs 111 LR Hunter

I'm looking at a buying either a new 110 Long Range Hunter or a 111 Long Range Hunter in .300 WinMag.
    Regardless of which rifle I buy I'm absolutely changing the stock to one with a vertical pistol grip (M40 A3/5)

Is there a mechanical difference between the older 111 and the newer 110 models?

Nope, only difference is the AccuFit stock. 110 is this years model, 111 is last years model. If it were me, I'd get the 110 LRH for the sole reason of getting the AccuFit stock, even if you do plan on changing the stock out. Lots of guys out there who'd be interested in buying the AccuFit off ya, and IIRC MSRP on the 110 is actually a little lower than what it was for the 111 so it may be a little cheaper.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

I agree with Jim, or you could buy an action off of Grouse or somebody else in the classifieds. Buy the stock you want and buy a next tier barrel from one of the advertisers on the forum( or other vendor of choice). That way you get the contour you want and can have the barrel threaded for a brake/suppressor. While your waiting on the Barrel you can improve the bolt lift a bit as well as get the trigger right.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    I agree with Jim, or you could buy an action off of Grouse or somebody else in the classifieds. Buy the stock you want and buy a next tier barrel from one of the advertisers on the forum( or other vendor of choice). That way you get the contour you want and can have the barrel threaded for a brake/suppressor. While your waiting on the Barrel you can improve the bolt lift a bit as well as get the trigger right.
    Thank You!!
    That sounds like a plan