Have had this on my rifle for sometime now, and thought I would tell about it. When I built this rifle, I was in the position to choose any parts I wanted, for the most part. But being “ME”, every choice was based on getting the maximum performance from the least money. I spent months researching optics rings and mounts. I needed X-high rings as I am using the MDT TAC21 chassis. I decided a one piece mount w/ rings built in would be best. (I won’t lie, aesthetics played a part in this decision. The look of a one piece mount is much more attractive than super high rings.) In the end, I am so glad I made this choice...far and above the appearance, as looks are not an important concern in reality. The clean, and professional appearance of the AD mount is just icing on the cake! I ended up going with the AD Recon-S in 30mm, and I didn’t feel the need for any cant because the TAC21 has a built in 20MOA. I love everything about this mount. The picatinny cross bars are so precise on the rail. There is hardly any movement even before locking the mount down. It uses quick detach levers, which are nice, but are not important to me. Infact, being used to 1/2” nuts, the quick detach take some getting used to. (For assurance). The uneasy feeling at first, is of course moot, as the mount locks down MOST assuredly! The mount is built to be light, but EXTREMELY tough, with the rings being skeletal, and the body using beam construction. Great design! One thing some will see as a con, is the material used being 6061-T6 Billet Aluminum, instead of the much stronger 7075-T6. What you must understand is the WORK that the part is being subjected to. In the of AR15 upper & lower receivers, 7075 is much preferred material, as these are subjected to parts moving against them. In this roll, the 6061 would wear prematurely. But in the roll of a free float rail or handguard, 6061 billet is almost ALWAYS used! The rail is not subjected to other parts contacting, and causing friction from movement. So is the case with scope rings or mount. The scope is clamped in the rings, and the assembly is bolted to the rail. So strength comes into play, but not the added need for wear resistance due to friction. While using 7075-T6 billet is NEVER a bad idea, I believe it is overkill and should not be one of the top criteria in choosing. Don’t get me wrong, stringer is never a BAD thing! (No such thing as TOO strong) I would still use this same AD mount if it were constructed of stronger material.(infact, I would love if it was made with my top aluminum choice, 2024-T351 billet!) That is, IF the prices were the same. Im just trying to convey it should not be the driving factor in choice. Have you ever heard of ANY scope tubes being made of 7075-T6? If they were, would you pay extra for the “stronger” scope? I doubt it! And why not? Again, MAXIMUM reward for the LEAST money. That’s my thing. I was able to find the AD Recon-S for $130. To me, that was a great deal!

It performs wonderfully! The scope is mounted rock solid! No chance of moving! In addition, return to zero upon reinstallatiin of the mount is very, very high! Almost perfect! Much better than ANY rings I have used.

Anyone in need of Extra High rings, take a look at the American Defense Recon-S one piece scope mount. I doubt any would regret the choice.