Thread: Stock help please

Stock help please

Hi everyone...I have a F serial long action flat top action and CDI DM bottom metal and looking for the best fitting stock for the CDI that will be flush as possible with bottom of stock. I had a BC Medalist on it and didn't like how much the front of magwell hung down out of stock and back of magwell was recessed in back of stock.

Is there a stock that can be inlet and will sit flush with bottom of stock that is high quality? Looking for a hunting stock that can handle varmint barrel contour.

If there's not one, what's best high end stock that comes with hinged plate that would fit my action please. Thanks for the newbie help!!

CDI bottom metal doesn't sit well in pretty much any stock. The way they designed it, straight and flat, means it just doesn't match the curves and taper of a stock.

As far as BEST stock for a Savage, McMillan is the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Blckwlf View Post
    CDI bottom metal doesn't sit well in pretty much any stock. The way they designed it, straight and flat, means it just doesn't match the curves and taper of a stock.

As far as BEST stock for a Savage, McMillan is the best.
    Ditto what he said. The CDi bottom metal works great, but it's not aesthetically pleasing (flush and looking like it belongs there) on any Savage stock I've ever seen.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain