Thread: I just inherited a .300 Savage Series 99F *LOOKING FOR VALUE*

I just inherited a .300 Savage Series 99F *LOOKING FOR VALUE*

To start off I am in Western Canada.

I have just been given a .300 Savage Series 99F (I think)

This is just what I believe it is after looking at a few markings. I am not familiar with guns at all and don't believe I will ever use it (and the wife doesn't want it in the house)

What markings should I be looking for to estimate a value for me to go about finding a good owner that would treat this gun with the respect it deserves???

Basic Member
    Look at the gun action sights and se what they are going for. Condition is everything and it's hard to place a value without seeing it. Hope you give it a good new home. Tell your wife only black rifles are evil!!

Basic Member
    From what I'm seeing, $600.00-$750.00 in the fair range depending on caliber to as high as $1800.00 in mint condition. It's a shame that you have wonderful piece of history and have it slip from your hands.

Basic Member
    I'd keep the Savage and carefully consider the wife situation with an eye towards growing a pair. JMO of course, but irrational fear shouldn't be the determining factor on how to live.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDom76 View Post
    To start off I am in Western Canada.

I have just been given a .300 Savage Series 99F (I think)

This is just what I believe it is after looking at a few markings. I am not familiar with guns at all and don't believe I will ever use it (and the wife doesn't want it in the house)

What markings should I be looking for to estimate a value for me to go about finding a good owner that would treat this gun with the respect it deserves???
    Send a PM to forum member Mad Dog as he can give you a better idea of the Canadian market as pricing differs from what we see here on the south side of the border. He's the resident 99 expert around here, lives in Ontario and has quite the 99 collection so he'll be able to tell you most anything you need to know about your particular rifle.

Unfortunately he works the tar pits in the summer and doesn't get on the site much, so shooting him a PM will get his attention via a notification email.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain