Hi all.
Looking for some ideas here.
All testing done at 200yds
I have a Savage 110 Long Range Hunter in 6.5 Creedmoor non modified. I purchased it early to mid 2017.
Vortex HST 6x24x50 scope double checked by Vortex.
Talley rings
Action torqued per Savage instructions to 40 inlbs done in 10 lb increments
rings to scope 18 inlbs per Vortex
Ring to receiver tightened per instructions and loctited and double checked since first installed but I don't remember what the specs were.

I have a 12FV Varmint in 22-250 (2014 model I think) that will shoot .5" at 200 yds when I do my part and easily under 1" at 200 yds. That 22-250 is the reason I got the Savage 110LRH.

I have yet to be impressed with the 6.5 CM rifle.
I have shot Hornady American Gunner 140 gr BTHP and Hornady Superformance 123 gr SST as well as some other factory stuff as well as reloads of mine using rl-17 with Hornady 123 SST and H4350 with Hornady 140SST. My reloads are neck sized only with .002 tension and are within .003 of concentricity.
I have tried various powder weights and seating depths and the BEST I have gotten so far is .9" with the 123 gr and 1.4" with the 140 gr and H4350
I may not have the best bench rest technique but I am no slouch either. Front rest and rear bag used.
Is this all I can expect out of this gun?
I was reading on another site that Savages barrel quality has gone downhill and I am wondering if I have a bad barrel. The barrel "looks" great and the crown perfect using a borescope.
I have cleaned ALL of the copper out a couple times as well as let it get pretty dirty just to see what it shot like in both conditions.
Most 200 yd groups are in the 2" range...just dismal IMO.
I see posts from people all the time showing under 1" groups with factory ammo at 200 yds and " this thing is accurate with just about anything I feed it" all of the comments of how accurate the 6.5 is really have me wondering if I got a lemon.

Any other ideas. I hate to think that this gun is really this bad.

Darrell