Thread: Story of my life

Basic Member

Story of my life

First 4 shots dead on and then poof!

Added brake to my 6.5 CM EAB Accuracy barrel and lowered my charge to 41.8 4350. Seems to like Sierra 142 HPBT . I'll still take a group like this. Have been pondering selling this barrel and going to a Criterion

Maybe next year.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ZpsFYF.jpg  

Hey those Birchwood Casey targets will do that...they are known to show "ghost shots". I don't use them anymore. I think you probably had all five in the group at left.

If it makes you feel any better, I have a CBI in .260 Rem Match and I also use Lapua brass. My groups look like that too... 4 in the same hole.... O wow I've got a good group going... lets focus a little more on this 5th shot and stack it on top of those others.... Bang!! Nope...

It could be just a "flyer" or you may have had a little more tension or a tighter grip, heck your cheek weld might have been more firm even... Just saying, I get the same thing even with a CBI...

I'd say shoot that barrel out first, then when it's time to spin another one on go with the CBI.

Just my .02

I'm with SageRat Shooter. Varying neck tension, primers, primers not seated evenly, a low or high powder charge that got through. or the shooter. He hit the nail on the head. The 142 can be some real shooters. I would say look for another higher node if you have no pressure signs but your about .5 from my favorite load.

Basic Member
    Appreciate your comments guys. Just bought more Birchwood Casey targets lol. Guess I am a blonde.
    Have been focusing on 130 and 140 Bergers but guess I'll stick with Sierra s. Amazing what goes into a small group.

Basic Member
    There's always that one round that thinks it's special.

Basic Member
    I use to do this and I found it was me. Trigger hand control is extremely important.

Try not wrapping your thumb around the stock or grip. After that try focusing more on pulling the trigger straight back to your shoulder. Every time I have a flyer like that it is because I focused on something other than the trigger or put my thumb where it did not belong.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    I have the same barrel, load the same round, same charge and.......same result. My barrel is a copper mine. A look down the muzzle with my endoscope camera after 10 shots and it all copper. A close look at the rifling and it looks like the teeth of a gear.

If I'm going to continue with the 6.5 CM, it'll be with a new Criterion or Shilen barrel from NSS.
    Banning a gun will not solve what is a mental health crisis inflamed by incendiary rhetoric on social and television media. The first amendment in this case is less precious and more likely the causal factor than the second amendment.