Thread: Sear Pin for Red Blade accutrigger: Can anyone help out? P/N 100223?

Basic Member

Sear Pin for Red Blade accutrigger: Can anyone help out? P/N 100223?

Hello, I thought I'd reach out to the crew. Savage sent me a replacement for a faulty trigger on my new 12 LRP and silly me sent the Sear Pin back with the faulty one. After many phone calls, searching the internet, etc. They finally explained that they couldn't ship the Sear Pin to me and it had to go to / thru an FFL for a $4 part...oh AND they, Gun Parts/ Numerich, Sinclair, etc and everyone else is out of them online.

Can ANYONE help me out? Do you have a spare one sitting around? I'll pay you for it plus shipping. I'm stuck here and have wanted to get out shooting and this has been an exercise in frustration to say the least.

I think Ill post this in the WTB also.

Thank you for your help!

Best Regards,

Bob

I had the same problem. My emergency fix was to take a drill bit that fit the trigger & cut it to a length that fit in the stock opening, there was no head, like on the lost one, so by making the length to fit the stock it could not move enough to come out of position.

Basic Member
    Funny, I was wondering the same thing and it ll prob come to that if I cant pick one up here.

Basic Member
    Has Savage Customer Service changed? They used to sell you trigger and bolt parts if you signed a waiver that listed the parts being purchased. Did they not offer you that avenue? Does it still exist?
    Banning a gun will not solve what is a mental health crisis inflamed by incendiary rhetoric on social and television media. The first amendment in this case is less precious and more likely the causal factor than the second amendment.

Basic Member
    I spoke to them live and once they found the actual part number, they said it had to be sent to an FFL. The waiver wasn't offered. Maybe I can call back and ask. I was hoping someone on here would let me send them $10 for it and be done with it. Doesn't seem to be a common spare part as you use it when you put in a new trigger, etc.

You could use some 9/64ths pins or drill rod. The factory pins measure about .1365 so you might need to put it in a drill and polish .003 off to make it work. I saw some on Ebay. McMaster can get you one the exact size but they run a little more.

Basic Member
    Perfect! That is EXACTLY what I was looking for Robinhood. I'll prob do that. Thank you for the tip

Basic Member
    I needed a new front baffle for my 6.5 CM model 12FV. I'd traded it away thinking it was an extra, so I called Savage Customer Service today to buy a new one. Long story short, they are sending it free of charge under warranty. I did ask about the waiver option, but the person i spoke to never answered the question as to whether that is still an option because the part I was ordering was not on the "restricted to FFL only list".

I always go first to Savage for parts. They're always in stock, and prices are by far the cheapest.

Update; Just got off the phone with Rebecca at Savage Customer Service and asked about the waiver option. She said the Sear Pin mentioned above is available by signing a waiver, and that that policy is still in place.
    Banning a gun will not solve what is a mental health crisis inflamed by incendiary rhetoric on social and television media. The first amendment in this case is less precious and more likely the causal factor than the second amendment.

Basic Member
    So... Moral of the story, Texas 10, you were right. I called back and now that I knew the deal and how to sound a little less looking for a part and a little more heres what happened and what I need, etc. Their sending one for no charge and I just sent the waiver back. Thank you all for your input, anyone need a 9/64 drill bit! NIB! lol

Basic Member
    Happy to help, Savageboy. Gotta love that Savage Customer Service! And I have to say Rebecca has always been tops in handling my parts requests.

My front baffle arrived yesterday. I think that was 7 days call to arrival with a weekend inbetween. Pretty dang awesome in my book!