Thread: 12FV magazine and aftermarket stock

12FV magazine and aftermarket stock

I just purchased my first Savage rifle from Cabela’s model 12 FV in 204. I am looking at a Boyd’s at one stock and they’re telling me their stock will not work on my gun. I am also wanting to get rid of the single stack magazine and go to a staggered feed will this work and what do I need to get for parts. Any help would be greatly appreciated

https://www.boydsgunstocks.com/product-configurator/

https://www.stockysstocks.com/catalo...Bobby+Hart+LRT

Savage 12 top bolt release
    Short action Center feed Blind mag

For LRT: Savage 10 is the same as your 12

Should be compatible for your 12 FV It is not available in the At-One it appears... Pro varmint or TH Varmint is your options with boyds. I know that the Bobby Hart LRT through Stockystocks is also compatible, as my brother put one on his 12FV in 22-250.

Think you will have to stay with the blind center feed mag though...

Basic Member
    I've got two of the Stockysstocks Bobby Harts under 12FV actions. The EABCO thumbhole varmint stock I bought also comes with pillars installed. Both arrive ready to assemble and shoot. No wood work or bedding required. https://www.eabco.net/Savage-Rifle-Stocks_c_2752.html
    Banning a gun will not solve what is a mental health crisis inflamed by incendiary rhetoric on social and television media. The first amendment in this case is less precious and more likely the causal factor than the second amendment.

That’s great but I have the Mickey Mouse single stack blind stock. I can’t use the ones for a drop mag

I'm in the same boat that you are , and from the research that ive done , there are a few options , a boyds or stockys stock and getting the cdi bottom metal kit to accept detachable mags , or go with a chasis that all comes setup and ready to roll
    if you do some looking around you will be able to find the info that you need

Quote Originally Posted by Texas10 View Post
    I've got two of the Stockysstocks Bobby Harts under 12FV actions. The EABCO thumbhole varmint stock I bought also comes with pillars installed. Both arrive ready to assemble and shoot. No wood work or bedding required. https://www.eabco.net/Savage-Rifle-Stocks_c_2752.html
    Did your Hart stocks come with pillars installed?

Basic Member
    Yes, both of those stocks come with pillars installed, ready to accept the barreled action. I did bed them though.
    Banning a gun will not solve what is a mental health crisis inflamed by incendiary rhetoric on social and television media. The first amendment in this case is less precious and more likely the causal factor than the second amendment.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas10 View Post
    Yes, both of those stocks come with pillars installed, ready to accept the barreled action. I did bed them though.
    Great! I have a grey one on the way to me. $180 with their Memorial Days sale seemed like a pretty good deal.