Thread: Guess my EAB accuracy barrel is a keeper

Basic Member

Guess my EAB accuracy barrel is a keeper

Been working up loads for a few months but needed to get some recoil out of my 6.5 Creedmoor. My pacemaker does not like the bounce LOL. A friend install a muzzle brake last week so I took it back to the range and was not happy at first. But after torquing down the stock screws on Choate tactical stock my groups came into 1/2 Moa. Guess I can be happy with that for now. Wondering if adding a muzzle brake which extended My overall Barrel 1 and 1/2 in will affect accuracy as far as loads and nodes are concerned?

That is always a possibility when adding a brake, can, or even a magneto speed strapped to your barrel. I had planned on adding a brake to my .260 so I could spot my own bullet splash... Couldn't make myself do it after getting my CBI broke in... I was getting 1/2 MOA for the first 300 rounds which was beyond what I thought I'd be able to do.... It's now down to 1/4 MOA roughly and I'm not going to take the chance of messing that up.

I understand your necessity for it though... you may need to revisit your load development a little bit to fine tune for your barrel now... But you should be in the right ballpark to start with this time....

Basic Member
    That is exactly what I was thinking to do a bit of tweaking on the loads. My best load with 140 grain Burger is 42.2 h4350. If I had a CBI Barrel shooting like yours I wouldn't touch that with anything. Just keep shooting and enjoying. Thanks for the reply. Blessings Ray

I'm surprised we don't hear more about the EAB barrels on here. They look like a decent barrel for the money.
    "An armed society is a polite society"
    "...shall not be infringed" What's the confusion?

Good to hear. Just got an EAB 24" AR barrel. My first EAB barrel.

Basic Member
    EAB had a special last December on the 6.5 Creedmoor accuracy Barrel at $240 with free barrel wrench and free shipping so I jumped on it. Also purchased a barrel vise and headspace gauges on eBay and did my first Barrel job . Have worked hard trying to get something to shoot well up until now. For the money I think they are producing good stuff.

Basic Member
    I backed my most accurate load at 42.2 down to 41.8 and shot twice trying to zero the scope and the next three shots look like this.
    https://vgy.me/5SDohm.jpg
    Wish I had loaded more at 41.8 because when I went to 42 and 42.2 my groups open back up. So the added muzzle brake obviously changed the tune. Going to work up another load around 41.8 plus and minus and see how she goes

Quote Originally Posted by shamu25 View Post
    I backed my most accurate load at 42.2 down to 41.8 and shot twice trying to zero the scope and the next three shots look like this.
    https://vgy.me/5SDohm.jpg
    Wish I had loaded more at 41.8 because when I went to 42 and 42.2 my groups open back up. So the added muzzle brake obviously changed the tune. Going to work up another load around 41.8 plus and minus and see how she goes
    With that group above, I'd stay @ 41.8 grains and mess with the seating depths to see if you can get them to shrink even more (not that you need to) but you seem to have found your "accuracy node".

Basic Member
    You are probably right on but I have to make sure I just didn't have a lucky streak. My oal for 140 grain Berger is 2.35. It seems the burgers like to snuggle right in there close to the bore.