Thread: Looking for replacement Model 99 (.300) bolt

Question Looking for replacement Model 99 (.300) bolt

Hi all, I have inherited a Model 99 in .300 Savage. Unsure of the specifics, but know it was bought in the 50's originally, and it has both the remaining cartridge counter and the ready-to-fire indicating pin.
    Long story short though, the breech block is missing, and I'm looking for a replacement.

I found this:
    https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/1000630

Was just wondering if anyone had any experience with a situation like this, or buying from this website. Being that this is my first gun, I'm excited to clean it up, getting it running again, and taking it out on the range. Hopefully you guys can help!

Thanks!

Basic Member
    Numrich has been around a long time, I've done business with them for over 35 years!! That's a good price and it looks complete with the extractor. Make sure that's the only part missing. Good luck and have fun with it!
    E bay also has parts but the prices are about the same.

Numrich's parts for older guns come from guns they have bought and parted out. On something like a replacement bolt you will want to have a gunsmith check things over to make sure it gives you proper headspace.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Thank you guys, I like what I'm hearing. It looks like I'm missing the little plate and screw meant to retain the lever, so I may have to hit up Ebay still. Now my question is how I tell if these assemblies have the firing pin mechanisms in them. I think when I took the breech out originally I took it out whole sale. I can post pics later to make it clear what I mean.
    Also, how do I tell which model (like 99X)? The serial listing here says it was made in 1953.

Here's my images:

And here is a listing for what appears to be the exact gun I have:
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/756486838

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CRK0116 View Post
    Thank you guys, I like what I'm hearing. It looks like I'm missing the little plate and screw meant to retain the lever, so I may have to hit up Ebay still. Now my question is how I tell if these assemblies have the firing pin mechanisms in them. I think when I took the breech out originally I took it out whole sale. I can post pics later to make it clear what I mean.
    Also, how do I tell which model (like 99X)? The serial listing here says it was made in 1953.
    I'd call Numrich and ask about the firing pin. The link you shared has a listing at the bottom for the bolt stop plate. I've bought parts for my 99 from them and they were as advertised.