Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 10" Gong from 857 Yards.... Tips, tricks, suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by yobuck View Post
    Sorry ive ruffled your feathers, only trying to offer some insight based on my own 50 years of l/r hunting.
    But rest assured it wont happen again.

Lies, all lies.

If there is someone on this forum who like me, can't avoid giving opinions, it is thee.

Haha

Edit: ...and maybe the deadly StumpKilla

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    Lies, all lies.

If there is someone on this forum who like me, can't avoid giving opinions, it is thee.

Haha

I've told both of you plenty of times, it's not your willingness to aide. It's your delivery... i.e. topic is about trying to hit a static piece of steel at the moment and someone won't stop talking about if it was an animal.... or someone saying you can't do that or the rifle must be crap because it couldn't possibly be an inexperienced shooter etc. I've been fortunate to get a ton of experience in a very short time with many individuals who are on the cutting edge of making 1st round impacts a much higher probability. I've also spent a lot of time actually hands on training both new and intermediate shooters as well as have a ton of experience teaching and training Marines. I am well versed in speaking to a student while still remaining a student of the subject myself.

That's why certain comments ruffle feathers around here. Arguing the same point all week when the individual is looking for an objective point of view.

LW,

Amen brother!! That is exactly what got under my skin.... The guy is such a braggart and blow hard on his own horn, that everything he says "comes across like he's freaking Paul Bunyan... Not to mention PA isn't OR... The highest point in the entire state is 3400 feet.... Those are rolling hills at best, out here we have Mountains.

Additionally dude didn't know jack about how my father and I had the scope setup etc... He assumes too much too often which results in... well you know what they say about assuming.

Deadshot 2,
    I've fired over 500 rounds on the same 100 pieces of brass and haven't had to trim a single case yet.... Just sayin...When I started my research, the general consensus was... If you are a reloader, then go with the 260 Rem... If you aren't a reloader, then go 6.5 Creed... Everything down range is a wash. I knew I was building mine off a long action either way, and the 260 was supposed to feed a tad better as well as obtain an extra 50 fps over the 6.5 Creed. I love my .260 Rem... just like you love your 6.5 Creed. I'm sure I'd be happy with the 6.5 Creed just as much if I had decided to go that way, but I got influenced from the very beginning by 260Rips. I'm also trying to keep my targets no bigger than 1 MOA for the distance... (IE 10" gong @ 1000 yards...) that 16" plate is a bit bigger than mine... Good on ya though... don't get me wrong...

Eddie,

Thanks for the words of advice/encouragement... I'll keep at it for sure... I've only just started stretching things out... 2nd time ever shooting past 450 yards was the weekend referenced in this thread. Will soldier on for sure...
    I reloaded this weekend and will be headed back out next weekend..

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    The trick is learning how to lead a running stump. ;-)
    "They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance." Last words of Gen. Sedgwik

Sagerat. The feeling of acquiring 1st round hits at 1k on a 8"×8" swinger is extremely self gratifying. Your on track.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123