Thread: Scope base for Left Hand 110 ?

Scope base for Left Hand 110 ?

Been through Amazon, midway, optiplantic, and a few more looking for a one piece base for a left handed 110. All I can find are bases that look like they have the cut out on the Rt.side of the base. I have a 6 BR Bbl. on the action and want to know if you'll think the mentioned scope base will work on my LH 110 action with it's 6 BR Bbl . ??

Basic Member
    EGW makes their picatinny type base for lefty Savages, you can get them both with and without a taper.
    Picatinny type allows for more flexability in scope size and mounting location.
    I think Leupold also makes their one piece base for lefty Savages.

This is something I never knew... I had no idea that scope bases are not universal... I have 2 picatinny rails on my 111s. One is a Weaver 0 MOA rail and the other is the BlackHawk 20MOA rail. I'm a lefty shooter and have had zero problems with them... Holds the scope perfectly and my cases all eject.

What does the "cutout" do? Is there "a benefit" to having a rail that is specific to what side you shoot from?

Really depends on the design of the base and where the cutout is as to whether it's specific to RH or LH or ambidextrous. The screw spacing on the front and rear bridge are the same, so most can simply be turned around 180* for a lefty (older flat-top actions excluded of course)

Weaver used to make some (probably still do) that had a half oval cut out to provide clearance to load/unload a blind magazine. The cutout wasn't centered between the mounting holes, so for RH it was towards the front of the port and for LH it was toward the rear of the port.

DNZ's GameReaper 1pc mount has the connecting bar between the rings offset to one side, but it's small and allows the base to be reversed for LH or RH use.

If it's a blind magazine gun I tend to avoid a picatinney rail simply because they leave little room to load the magazine. If I do go with a 1pc rail on one, I usually go with a Ken Farrell because they're taller and are relieved above the port to allow a little more room for loading.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Thank you for your replies, reading a few other threads about Lefties and scope bases seams most just use the easier to find right handed single bases.
    I'll see what EGW says about a LH 110 base
    Again, THANK YOU

V/r

Went home last night and checked my rails.... All be danged... I've got Righty rails on my Lefty rifles.... They still work just fine though... Learn something new everyday!

I have utilized the factory picitanny rail, as well as a Nightforce and two EGW rails and had no problem using the right-handed rails on lefty rifles. I will say that the NF is the only one that did not require any bedding at all, those are a thing of beauty.

Basic Member
    Not sure about now, but a few years back Bruce Baer had a contract for building some of the scope bases for Nightforce.
    He still builds them for his guns for sure, as we also have them on a few guns.

Quote Originally Posted by SageRat Shooter View Post
    Went home last night and checked my rails.... All be danged... I've got Righty rails on my Lefty rifles.... They still work just fine though... Learn something new everyday!
    I do too. I measured the bevel once. I think it was about 1/16". I figured my action would never know the difference- it hasn't.