Thread: Savage 11VT .308 - Which Savage Model on the Boyd Stock Site is Compatible?

Savage 11VT .308 - Which Savage Model on the Boyd Stock Site is Compatible?

Hello everyone first time posting here. I have seen other post on this topic, but I still missed which Savage Model is compatible to my Savage 11VT .308. I sent the email below to Boyd's and I'm disappointed in their response, or lack of help in the response. I feel like he or she just looked on the drop-down menu, didn't see the model and that was that.

I have changed the plastic trigger guard it came with and replaced with a metal one from Savage early on. I don't mind making some slight modifications, but I would like to be close as possible when I order.

My email to Boyd's:

"I want to order a Boyd's stock for my Savage 11VT .308 short action, bottom bolt release in front of the trigger guard, detachable magazine (from Dicks Sporting Goods). Which Savage Model would it be compatible to? "

Boyd's Response:
    "Hello,
    I apologize, we do not have anything for the VT model.
    Thank you"

No suggestions, no experience with this issue?

Measure your action Screw Spacing to see what it is specifically. It's a short action (.308)... If you have those 2 things figured out, you should be good to go... should be the same action as a 10, 12, 16... Also good to know if it's center feed or Stagger feed.

https://www.boydsgunstocks.com/product-configurator/

Savage
    11 bottom bolt release
    Short action DBM

It does state that it's a heavy barrel on the VT, so I recommend staying with one of the Boyd's stocks that has some extra meat around the channel. The Pro varmint, Featherweight Thumbhole, or perhaps the At-One come to mind... The Heritage, Platinum, Prairie Hunter,or the Classic won't have enough room in the barrel channel to accommodate the heavy barrel. You will have to sand out the channel to get the VT Barrel to fit.

You will also probably have to order the new bottom metal from Savage "for wood stocks" Ran me about $150.00

Thank you that was helpful information. I plan on going with the At-One stock.