Thread: Savage B22 FV magazine issue

Savage B22 FV magazine issue

Hello all, so I'm wondering how common an issue this is and if/how people are fixing it. I bought myself an A22 (in 22lr) and love it, it shoots well, easy to maintain and all that. So I figured I'll get the B-22 so it uses the same magazines and savage has a good reputation for making accurate no frills rifles.

I got the B-22 and has nice ergo's and everything is good. However it appears to be VERY picky on magazines. On some magazines the rear side (towards the trigger) seems to sit low and doesn't grab a round when cycling the action. However if I use the same mag that's a "problem" in the A-22 it's no problem at all. I was shooting at a local range and a guy came in with a B-22 FV in stainless and I asked him and he said he was having the same issue and that it appeared to be picky with the mags, however the back of those rotary mags are steel and it doesn't appear that there is anything wrong with them (at least that I can see).

Anyone else experienced this or know if there is a way to remedy it ?

I'm not too sure, I have 4 A22 mags and I don't think I have that problem.

I do find that sometimes I have to pull the bolt back out to fully push the mag in. If not, the mag tend to only get seated partially and it either drops out when I try to cycle a round or just doesn't push a round into the chamber at all. Not sure if that's what you're experiencing...

yeah I contacted Savage. This is apparently is a known issue with the B-22 series. A local store guy said it was a known issue as well. I recently received the rifle back after being at savage for a bit.

I have yet to try the rifle after getting it back but I put some snap caps in a mag and it does appear to be improved. The repair form claims they replaced the trigger group.