Thread: 110 Storm

Basic Member

110 Storm

Has anyone here bought a new 110 Storm ? I am looking to upgrade my Trophy Hunter xp to the accustock and accufit .
    Left hand 243 is what I am looking at .

I was very impressed with the 110 Storm in .30-06 I reviewed here on the site back in January.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    Thanks , that what I was hoping to hear . Going tomorrow to order one . No one in the great white north has one on the shelf so order I will do .

Basic Member
    She just came in today , will post in a week or so how she is preforming .

Hey Linedog how's that rifle doing? I just got my Accufit rifle last week and it's destined for warranty already. I think the fitter or QC guy must have had an off day (missing sling stud, damaged trigger gaurd screw, cracked recoil pad screw hole). I really like the way the stock fits me though. I go through a ton of rifles looking for the right feel and I have to say that I think Savage nailed it. I got the Bear Hunter in 338WM. It's a beast of a rifle and will be my go to rifle for elk and moose. Heck I'm going to use it for all my hunting. If any of you guys are curious and get a chance to fool around with the Accufit I think you'll like it.

Basic Member
    So far so good . Have got it sighted in and working on a load that it will like . One thing though it must not have as tight a chamber as my Model 11 . When I tryed to resize my brass after shooting it , the brass wouldn’t go in my die . Had to back die off from where I always had it set to make it work . I like the look and feel of the gun , action is smooth .

I oiled up my action and cycled it for about 30 minutes. Really impressed with how smooth it is. My optic rail came in yesterday and I decided to go with a high mount low power scope. That adjustable comb is really growing on me. I've always disliked creeping up on my scope. I'm holding off on shooting until I find out what the warranty is going to look like. I contacted the rep again this morning and he has contacted the US customer service as they only deal with rim fire issues on the Canadian side. That's interesting to note about the sizing die. I'll have to pay attention to my reloads. I've got a virgin set of dies but I'm reloading brass fired from a Sako 85. Did you end up getting a LH .243?

Basic Member
    Yes , I got the left hand Storm in a 243 . I loaded up a bunch more ammo yesterday and will shoot them next week . I like the look and feel of the gun . It fits me just fine so I haven’t played with the accustock yet . Learning to reload has sure made me a better shooter. As soon as I load a bunch I go and shoot them off . Too bad I waited untill my 60’s to learn how . Hopefully I can get a few coyotes with it this winter .