Thread: Looking for a model number

Basic Member

Looking for a model number

I took a model 10 rifle in on trade and not exactly sure what it is. Did a few searches and they don't show what I'm looking for.

Rifle is a model 10 308win. Has a 22 inch heavy barrel with deep fluting. Not threaded. Came with a digital camo stock that is not an accu stock. Has the better detachable mag not the axis type. Savage web site shows nothing for this. Also has large round bolt knob not the tactical bolt handle.

Anybody know what the exact model would be? Most all the ones I find show a 20 inch barrel that's threaded.
    Last edited by jlsbassman; 04-28-2018 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Added into.

A serial number can or at least it once did, pinpoint the year. Jim has graciously posted many of the past years catalogs. They can be found in this section(history) http://www.savageshooters.com/content.php?210-history

Sounds like a mix-n-match rifle or special run to me. The only rifle Savage has ever offered with a digital camo stock was the Model 10 Precision Carbine (PC for short), but it came with a 20-inch non-fluted barrel in .223 or .308. Most likely it's a 10PC someone swapped a fluted barrel onto (or had the original barrel fluted), or someone had a model with a fluted barrel and picked up a digital camo stock to put on it. Could also be a special run that was done for a big-box store or distributor.

http://www.snipercentral.com/savage-...ision-carbine/
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    It doesn’t look like anyone has done any work on the barreled action but someone could have replaced the stock. Either way, I put it in a XLR chassis and mounted a cheap weaver scope on it to give it a try. Ran a few rounds thru it, hit my zero. Ran it 700 yds using some 175gr Sierra match ammo. These savage rifles will just flat shoot lights out. Made a good trade.