I have a model 5 I grew up with that was my late fathers. It sports a stock from what I think was a model 6 that I took a pocket knife to carve a bolt notch out of when I was maybe 14 or 15 when it's old stock was cracked up and done. It probably isn't worth a nickel but probably over 1/2 of the untold thousands of .22 rounds I've fired through my life I've put through the gun, and I aim to have it outlast me.

It's always been a little finicky with ammo... firing federal ammo ok years ago... remingtons not so much. It had gotten more and more unreliable and, now-a-days, it won't light off a round even 1/2 the time. I've dunked the bolt in solvent and cleaned it as best as I can... but I think it's just done, be it in the firing pin or some spring inside. I've look online to see if I could just buy another bolt and swap, but all I've seen for sale are the disassembled bolts were you just buy the back end.

Anyone have any recommendations?

I'd actually thought of looking at one of those Marlin XT 22MTRs... as I think they're the last tube fed bolt guns on the market... but I'll never get rid of the model 5 and it seems wrong for it to sit in my gun cabinet unused for the last 1/2 of my life and for my kids to miss out on shooting it.

Thanks!