Thread: Bottom Metal for New Savage 110 Tactical?

Basic Member

Bottom Metal for New Savage 110 Tactical?

Just curious if anyone knows if anything about the new design and fit of the new 110 Tactical bottom metal. I know they have went back to AICS compatible bottom metal with the new rifles, getting away from the proprietary magazine bottom metal. Would someone then be able to pick up a new 110 tactical BM and install on a 10 FCP-SR to allow for AICS magazines?

Thanks for any help.

Basic Member
    I am running to my ffl in about 45 minutes to get a 110 tactical. have 2 or 3 FCP-SR stocks laying around i can test with.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewsben View Post
    I am running to my ffl in about 45 minutes to get a 110 tactical. have 2 or 3 FCP-SR stocks laying around i can test with.
    nice. Which caliber and barrel length did you go with? I’m about to go pick mine up as well. Had the bore and scope zeroed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    6.5 creedmoor (think it was 24" fluted, threaded, 5r, 1:8 but might be mistaken). Mainly just bought it cause I wanted to checkout the stock though...

Basic Member
    took ever so slight persuasion but the 110 tactical desert bottom metal fit just fine in an accustock. Comparing the two it looks like the aluminium frame inside is exactly the same, just different polymer outsides...

Basic Member
    took ever so slight persuasion but the 110 tactical desert bottom metal fit just fine in an accustock. Comparing the two it looks like the aluminium frame inside is exactly the same, just different polymer outsides...
    Awesome, thank you for trying that for me. Now to track down someone wanting to part with that bottom metal when they throw it in a chassis....

Basic Member
    no problem. Good luck on your search.

Basic Member
    no problem. Good luck on your search.
    Thanks, I'll give it a while and I suspect some will start popping up. What are your thoughts on the Accufit stock? Any other changes on the new 110s?

Basic Member
    It seems nice. I usually get rid of my accustocks so doubt i will keep this for too long, just wanted to try it out. Initial impression are that it is a step above the accustock. Haven't played with switching up the lop or cheek rest but there is a huge bag of stuff that come with it, so that is nice. The bottom metal seems functional but definitely not as nice as accurate mag or some of the other AICS offering. But definitely a step up from the previous magazine system. I am comparing this to FCP-SRs, which i have bought at least a dozen of over the years... They went back to 20 moa rail, which is nice. Stayed with the smooth barrel nut, which drives me nuts as I mainly buy these for the actions and sell the barrels and stocks and keep the actions for doing builds over the winter.

All in all, if they come in at the same price point as the FCP-SR, which i'd say the will it will be a nice upgrade. Right now the last FCP-SR i got was 519, these are going for around 579 at the lowest. The naming drives me crazy though, took me years to get all the numbers and letters down pat, and then they switch it all up...

Basic Member
    Good info, thanks. I put my 10 FCP-SR into a HS Precision stock so I also have a Accustock lying around. Was looking into Accurate Mag or another aftermarket bottom metal when I realized these new ones might work. Found a new 110 bottom metal for $175 on Ebay, and from your review it looks like I might as well just go with the $130 Accurate Mag.

Thanks again for the info.

Basic Member
    Yeah for the price accurate mag is quite nice. I usually get them them and a metal mag for $175 plus shipping. I have been working on a polymer (3d printed) aics bottom metal. Have it down to getting the magazine release lever springs sturdy enough for heavy recoil. Just too much stuff going on to spend much time on it the last couple months.

Yeah for the price accurate mag is quite nice. I usually get them them and a metal mag for $175 plus shipping. I have been working on a polymer (3d printed) aics bottom metal. Have it down to getting the magazine release lever springs sturdy enough for heavy recoil. Just too much stuff going on to spend much time on it the last couple months.

Hey AndrewsBen would you be willing to share your STL File and I will see if I can tweak it from there?