I just received a Cabelas sale flyer that shows the Savage 10T-SR on sale this Friday for $550. It has 5R rifling with accu stock and accu trigger and heavy 24" barrel. I am curious what you guys think is a comparable after market barrel to this stock Savage barrel in 6.5 Creedmore. I could buy a Savage 12FV take off action for $260 from the classifieds and pick up an after market barrel and stock and build my own but what would I have to spend to get similar results to this stock rifle. The Cabelas reviews are either "amazing" if you luck out with a winner or "very poor" if you draw a dud. I often wonder how many of those reviews a person can believe anyway. So many guys say .5 moa out of the box with factory ammo and it makes me wonder.

For your interest I did buy a Cabelas Savage 12FV last fall in 6.5 Creedmore with the rebate and sold the stock barrel before I really ran it through the paces. I bought a EAB Accuracy barrel and head space gauges and Choate tactical stock and built a fairly accurate gun that is consistently under 1 moa. ( I have read that the stock 12FV barrel gets under 1 moa in most cases.) I am hoping for even better accuracy so adding a brake to reduce recoil. I will have $900 into this build after the brake install. I'm thinking that $900 should get a person .5moa easily but maybe I am dreaming.

I totally understand that a lot goes into long range accuracy as I have been shooting a long time. Does anyone else get frustrated after spending lots of $$$ and wishing you had gone in a completely different direction? lolol