Thread: Axis with out accutrigger

Axis with out accutrigger

Hi
    My friend bought a Axis without a Accutrigger. What are his options if any to improve the trigger.
    Thanks for your help

If he doesn't have a problem voiding the warranty, then he could snip the trigger spring coil off a coil to half a coil at a time. (that's what I did) taking care to not snip too much off, as it can become unsafe. Dropping the rifle on the butt bad will make it "fire" if you snip too much.

I started at about 1.5 coils (snipping) and took it down a half coil at a time after that. I got my trigger pull down to below what my accutrigger on my 111 is, and it's still safe. (I've drop tested it)

The other trick is the bic ball point pen spring... You'll have to fasten the spring in with a screw and blue locktite though.

Basic Member
    The route I chose was to install a new trigger made by Rifle Basix. About $85.

I think he would prefer to put a new trigger on versus trying to modify the factory on. Whats the best place to get a new trigger?
    thanks for your help

Basic Member
    Rifle Basix Sav-1 E Arthur Brown generally has good prices on them, as prdatr said... $85

Rifle Basix is a zero-effort way of getting a uniformly excellent trigger. I like shimming the sear hook, but it requires more work and some specialized tools and materials.

Basic Member
    I’ve done the old EBay special spring kit upgrade on two.. they both are now a little over 3 lbs.. about $15 for each rifle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    There are some video's on U-Tube showing "how-to" modify the trigger yourself. I bought the necessary items at Ace Hardware and Lowe's for a lot less than the "kit" offered on Ebay. Before mods my trigger had 4.8# pull...after mods, the pull is now 2# and bump tested safe.

Basic Member
    I just snipped 1.5 coils off one and 2 coils off another, and got a Timney Trigger for another. They are all much better than the factory trigger. The Timney is nice and about $95, snipping the coils takes about it about half way from factory to timney and it is free but does have some pretty substantial creep.

Basic Member
    I put a basix trigger on my 93r17. Excellent for the money.

Thanks all for the ideas. I may try the "kit" before buying another trigger for this budget build...

Or put an accutrigger in it. OR
    If you decide to keep the factory trigger or are on a really tight budget I'd use a set screw (10x24x3/4) and a smaller diameter spring from the hardware store rather than "clipping" the factory spring. cost is about $1 for both That way it can be put back to factory spec if you ever decide to sell or need warranty work.
    A good wife and a steady job has ruined many a great hunter.

THANK-you big honki'n jeep, for that Advice...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Really helps...I've got 3-Savage Axis, with "tough pull" triggers...