Thread: MSR 10 Trigger

MSR 10 Trigger

Took my MSR 10 Hunter to the range today for the first time. Sighted in scope and was very pleased with the rifle, but I am wondering how long does it take for the trigger to smooth out. Seems very gritty for a 2 stage nickle boron coating. Has anyone heard of aftermarket triggers yet?
    thanks for reading.
    Oldmann6

Basic Member
    I believe the Hunter version only has a single-stage, USGI-style trigger with NiB coating.

The MSR 10 Long Range specifically mentions including a 2-stage trigger.

Basic Member
    I put mine in the trash.

Basic Member

Basic Member
    I would think any standard "AR" style trigger should work, including the drop in ones.
    I have a velocity trigger in my DPMS G2, a timney two stage targa in a heavy barrel AR15, and a geissele two stage in a short barrel AR. I got the timney on clearance "blem" from midway (couldn't find any issues) for a really good deal, got the geissele on sale/clearance from DPMS for a good deal, and paid retail for the velocity.
    If I had to pay retail for the timney or geissele, I probably would have just got another velocity. It is really nice trigger for the price.

Waited 6 weeks for a LaRue MBT 2S. Gave it a test drive Sunday and much improved over the factory trigger and that was with some local reload ammo. I will start working on a handload using Sierra 168gr. HPBT.
    Thanks LaRue.

Basic Member

MSR 10 Hunter trigger change

Quote Originally Posted by Alleycat72 View Post
    Alleycat72, I'm thinking of buying a MSR10 Hunter and am thinking of this trigger. Did you install it in a MSR10 Hunter? Is it a drop in fit?
    Thanks,
    Barney

Basic Member
    +1 for the LaRue MBT....I have 2 of them and LOVE them. And at $87 they are a steal...

With everyone complaining about the trigger in their MSR10 Hunter I just have to wonder if someone at Savage snuck the 2-stage trigger into the one I got for review because everyone who tried it was shocked how good it was - including Fred. Pull was right at 3 or 3.5-lbs and crisp as could be with just the slightest hint of over travel and a fairly short reset. Not 3-gun short, but nowhere near as long as a mil-spec reset.

Have a Geissle 2-stage in my heavy AR15 and a RRA National Match in my M&P15-TS and the MSR10 Hunter trigger was every bit as good as either of them are. Side note - I won't be buying a Geissle ever again. Way over priced. The RRA NM is 1/3 the price of the one I got and I actually like it better.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Baker View Post
    With everyone complaining about the trigger in their MSR10 Hunter I just have to wonder if someone at Savage snuck the 2-stage trigger into the one I got for review because everyone who tried it was shocked how good it was - including Fred. Pull was right at 3 or 3.5-lbs and crisp as could be with just the slightest hint of over travel and a fairly short reset. Not 3-gun short, but nowhere near as long as a mil-spec reset.

Have a Geissle 2-stage in my heavy AR15 and a RRA National Match in my M&P15-TS and the MSR10 Hunter trigger was every bit as good as either of them are. Side note - I won't be buying a Geissle ever again. Way over priced. The RRA NM is 1/3 the price of the one I got and I actually like it better.
    Thanks for the input. I guess I'll have to wait until I get the gun to determine if I need another trigger.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by celltech View Post
    +1 for the LaRue MBT....I have 2 of them and LOVE them. And at $87 they are a steal...
    Thanks for your input. Do you have one installed on a Savage MSR10? Is it a drop in fit?
    Barney

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Barneyhunts View Post
    Thanks for your input. Do you have one installed on a Savage MSR10? Is it a drop in fit?
    Barney
    I have them in a homebuilt Aero Precision AR10 and AR15....I don't own a MSR10 and can't speak to the fit. But if it does fit, it's well worth it!

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by celltech View Post
    I have them in a homebuilt Aero Precision AR10 and AR15....I don't own a MSR10 and can't speak to the fit. But if it does fit, it's well worth it!
    Thanks celltech...I'll have to check with them.
    Barney

Basic Member
    Does anyone know if the trigger from the MSR 10 Long Range will fit in the Hunter and if Savage will sell it?
    Thanks,
    Barney

Sure will, they're all standard AR15 trigger pattern.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Baker View Post
    Sure will, they're all standard AR15 trigger pattern.
    Thank you for your response.
    Barney

That's exactly where my trigger breaks and happy with it.