Thread: Nikon P223 scope mount.

Nikon M223 scope mount.

I have Savage Axis 270 and picatinny rail 20 MOA base, will this Nikon M-223 mount properly on the rifle to mount my Nikon 3x9x40 BDC 600. I happen to like that mount, use it on my A/R, and before I order second Scope and Mount, want to make sure I buy correctly.
    If this wasn't going to mount, what would you
    recommend to mount my Nikon scope.

Basic Member
    I think the mikon mount would put your scope forward and high, you would have trouble getting a good sight picture through scope.
    I prefer using burris signature zee rings because of the plastic insert. Have yet to see a marked up scope from mounting in them.
    That said, any rings that fit a picatinny rail will work.
    I would get low height, the rail is taller than a standard 2 piece mount
    Jack

Another thing with that mount is it is probably too high for a bolt rifle. The cheek rest is higher due to the buffer tube being on centerline with the barrel, than a bolt rifle where the stocks cheek rest is normally below the barrel. A rifle with an adjustable check rest may not be affected as your axis rifle would be.

One way to test this is to pull the scope and mount off of the AR and set it on top of your axis. Your scope is a 40mm objective? You can probably get away with low rings of some manufacturers and would need mediums from others.

I am going to offer another option to the Burris rings.https://www.amazon.com/UTG-Pro-RWU01...&creative=9325
    I have used both and have no complaints.

Basic Member
    I'm sure you've heard the old saying the right tool for the right job? That M-223 mount while great on an AR isn't going to do what you want it to on your Savage. you can find decent rifle mounts for your Savage Axis for a reasonable price. Nikon does sell some that will do the trick for you and your Axis. I have shot a few of the Savage Axis rifles and I have been impressed with all the performance they provide the shooter. Get the right scope mounts and you will be happier in the end. For what you will spend in time, ammo and frustration you can just as easily do it right the first time and be even cost wise. I hope you'll post some pics and give us a range report. I really like my Nikon P-223 3-9 BDC 600 scope. Dialing it in with SPot On has let me shoot soda cans out to 500 yards! Big fun!

Thanks for all the reply's!