Thread: Rimfire Chassis

Basic Member

Rimfire Chassis

Does anyone have any experience with this chassis?

http://www.rigidalloy.com/rimfire-chassis.aspx

I"m contemplating ordering one but want some feed back on it before I plop down the money.

Basic Member
    Ended up ordering one, they are on sale this weekend if anyone was waiting for a sale.

Basic Member
    Haven’t seen this chassis before. What was the sale price?

Rigid Alloy Chassis

I went with one of these, as options for southpaws are very, very limited, and couldn't be more pleased. You may want to inquire/ensure you get the updated model - they've added a set screw for the buffer tube (my early one didn't have this and it was a chore getting the tube square when tightening the castle nut), and the not-quite-M-lok-compatible slots are getting updated to true M-loks (oddly, the ones on the bottom of the forearm take M-lok accessories [I added a short section of rail and have my bipods on quick release mounts] - the slots on the angled portion of the stock will take them if you grind off one lug on the M-lok and use longer screws [which I did to put a QD sling attachment at the end of the forearm). Sale price might be clearing out the 1st-gen ones - but they're still a great deal and a really nice chassis...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lcwbyctoe3..._2%29.jpg?dl=0

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sterling View Post
    Haven’t seen this chassis before. What was the sale price?
    I got mine for $265 shipped.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by n2ipsc View Post
    I went with one of these, as options for southpaws are very, very limited, and couldn't be more pleased. You may want to inquire/ensure you get the updated model - they've added a set screw for the buffer tube (my early one didn't have this and it was a chore getting the tube square when tightening the castle nut), and the not-quite-M-lok-compatible slots are getting updated to true M-loks (oddly, the ones on the bottom of the forearm take M-lok accessories [I added a short section of rail and have my bipods on quick release mounts] - the slots on the angled portion of the stock will take them if you grind off one lug on the M-lok and use longer screws [which I did to put a QD sling attachment at the end of the forearm). Sale price might be clearing out the 1st-gen ones - but they're still a great deal and a really nice chassis...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lcwbyctoe3..._2%29.jpg?dl=0
    Yeah, you don't see much in the way for lefties, when I saw they had one I jumped on it. I'm assuming mine is old stock still, it went on backorder after mine so they probably are restocking with new stuff. They posted a new chassis for the CZ 455/452 and I like it but don't know if they are doing that one for savage as well.

I hope to get out and shoot mine sometime soon. I'm winding down with school so I'm trying to cram and get my work finished and study for finals.

Basic Member

Got mine!

So I received my Rigid Alloy Chassis today after a long wait of about hmm 4 days! Yeah ordered on Friday received on Monday, pretty cool. Yes it was in stock and I ordered in the am but still that’s pretty good and speedy!
    I like the quality the weight and fit to the rifle. It seems like it will do well. I now will play with butt stocks to see what is going to work with my scope height.
    The length of pull is longer than the standard stock plastic by a fair bit with the Magpul PRS stock even at the shortest setting.
    The cheek weld is not quite where I want it either but will you lay around with that.
    I think this is a great option for this rifle and the price is right!

Quote Originally Posted by Rover31 View Post
    So I received my Rigid Alloy Chassis today after a long wait of about hmm 4 days! Yeah ordered on Friday received on Monday, pretty cool. Yes it was in stock and I ordered in the am but still that’s pretty good and speedy!
    I like the quality the weight and fit to the rifle. It seems like it will do well. I now will play with butt stocks to see what is going to work with my scope height.
    The length of pull is longer than the standard stock plastic by a fair bit with the Magpul PRS stock even at the shortest setting.
    The cheek weld is not quite where I want it either but will you lay around with that.
    I think this is a great option for this rifle and the price is right!

Soooo!! How did it shoot?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrt10x2 View Post
    Ahh yes thank you for reminding me to report back!
    so my opinion of the Rigid Alloy?
    It is great! Easy install, very rigid, fit and finish is great. The bottom of the forend has slots for M-lol and I have tried several different rails on it (pic and arca) and all have worked very well. A carbine ar tube with a cheek piece from Sanders complete the rear of the system.
    i would highly recommend this chassis as a replacement for your Tupperware.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4F942437-1215-4C2D-A8C6-6643DECF0BE2.jpeg  

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrt10x2 View Post

so, how did it shoot???
    "As long as there's lead in the air....there's still hope.."

Basic Member
    Far better than with floppy plastic!
    The ability to fit the stock to the shooter and then be able to shoot better is a huge gain.

Basic Member
    Targets???
    "As long as there's lead in the air....there's still hope.."

Basic Member
    Yes I have them but I would not be that proud to post them!
    nothing spectacular as I am average as far as a shooter goes. Plus it is shooting mostly CCI SV ammo which is I think again very average.
    this rifle is used mostly by my daughter in NRL22 matches at this time.