Thread: Converting brand new Savage 11 long range Hunter in 6.5 creedmoor to DBM

Converting brand new Savage 11 long range Hunter in 6.5 creedmoor to DBM

Since it's brand new I assume it's bottom bolt release(I just ordered, on the way), I'd keep the floorplate if Boyd's stocks offered Savage SA centerfeed in hinged floorplate, plus I kinda want it anyway. But does anyone know which parts and if I can get them apart from Savage themselves(I want to use stock Savage parts)? I hear they won't sell unless you have the serial number already. I want to order the stock so it can get started right away, but not until I have the parts to convert it. Many thanks in advance.

Basic Member
    The hinged floor plate is same footprint and inlet as the metal detachable mag bottom metal.

If you have the hinged bottom metal already, order your stock.

Also, if you know the model number for the hinged floorplate, you can usually figure it out with Savage. A serial number is easier though.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Does anyone know the part number for the DBM bottom metal for a new Savage 11 bottom bolt release SA

i oerdered someone's take of dbm bottom metal on ebay from a rifle that was also bottom bolt release, so it should work, now i just need mags right?

i cancelled that order, apparently i need a dbm frame assy too, is there any way to order these parts without my serial #? i don't want to have to wait until i have the gun to order it.

Have you called Savage directly yet? You can sometimes get a hold of someone in CS that actually knows their stuff and may be able to help you. When I ordered my bottom metal for my 111 Trophy hunter that I put into a Pro varmint stock. I just told them that I needed the "bottom metal for wood stocks". I did have my serial number, but I think the only reason they need it is to see that is it long or short action, DBM, blind mag, or hinged floor plate.

But if you know what it is you want, then it's possible you could get it ordered. (Short action DBM Bottom Metal for "wood stocks", with an extra DBM). It ran me about $150.00 but I didn't need to order the extra DBM.

Just a thought

ok it depends if they ebay bottom metal is what i need, i think the hinged floor plate may be part of the trigger guard on mine, the bolt release button seems attached to it.

The trigger guard lays over the mag houseing, just like the 11/111 does, but the difference is the DBM. The DBM bottom metal and mag looks the same however.

i actually talked to the ebay seller of that bottom metal, and he said it would probably work(he's a member here, sounded like an older fellow) and sold it and a mag to me.

Basic Member
    I recently converted my 11 LRH to DBM after spending just a few minutes on the phone with Savage customer service.

Team Savage
    My understanding is the Savage 11 LRH has an Accustock and it comes with a metal bottom bolt release trigger guard and DBM frame assembly (surround) with metal DBM bottom cap. If you want to convert it to a HFP magazine assembly, you will need to call Savage Arms and order a Matte, SA, bottom bolt release, HFP frame assembly (surround) and HFP magazine bottom cap. Your current magazine box snaps onto the HFP bottom cap and the spring attaches to the HFP bottom cap. The SA, DBM and HFP stock inlet have the same footprint.