Thread: Savage 10P or 10FCP-SR

Savage 10P or 10FCP-SR

Wanting a new savage in .308 for weekends shooting 5-600 yards... maybe 1000 if I can find a range.
    LGS has model 10P for $598 or I can order 10FCP-SR online for about the same.

Im in love with the way the 10P looks, shorter bull barrel. Has accutrigger but no Accustock.

The 10FCP for same price though, comes with picitanny rail and Accustock.

Will I regret buying the 10P? .... ughhh. Decisions. It’s really not about the money.

not much info out there on 10P.

Basic Member
    That one kind of looks like the 10t academy sells but with a 20in barrel instead of the 18in the 10t has. The fcp-sr also comes in a 20in barrel that is fluted and threaded with a larger capacity mag.

I saw those.

Quote Originally Posted by Pmcjeep View Post
    That one kind of looks like the 10t academy sells but with a 20in barrel instead of the 18in the 10t has. The fcp-sr also comes in a 20in barrel that is fluted and threaded with a larger capacity mag.
    Mag capacity was the one thing making me lean towards the FCP. I don’t really have a need for threaded barrel and honestly I think the 10P with the bull barrel looks better... basically wondering if the P not having the Accustock should be a deal breaker

Basic Member
    Check out the 10t at academy if they have one in your area it may be another option for you. I have the new style fcp-sr and didn’t like the way the factory mag fed. Mine is now sitting in a chassis that uses ai style mags. I’m pretty sure the 4rd factory mags feed better than the larger capacity ones.

Basic Member
    I was also going to say savage runs rebates pretty often if you can wait may be able to save $100. I just bought a savage 12fv from cabelas and they were doing a $100 rebate on those.

Basic Member
    I've been shooting a Model 10 FCP-SR in .308 for a couple of years now. It didn't come with an Accu-Stock. It did come with a sucky half metal, half plastic mag. I restocked it with a Bell and Carlson stock and added AICS style bottom metal. Accuracy improved quite a bit, but the B&C stock made the rifle kind of heavy. Just before Christmas I saw that MDT had their LSS Chassis on sale for $299 and snapped one up. Took five minutes to drop the barreled action into the chassis. Used a Magpul pistol grip and a Luth-AR adjustable butt stock with a Limb Saver pad on it. Shooting off a bipod it will put ten rounds into a 1 inch bull at 100 yards. The aluminum chassis lightened the gun up enough that it's comfortable to carry in the field. Oh, I'm running a Vortex Viper HST 6-24X50 for glass.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Eagle Elk View Post
    I've been shooting a Model 10 FCP-SR in .308 for a couple of years now. It didn't come with an Accu-Stock. It did come with a sucky half metal, half plastic mag. I restocked it with a Bell and Carlson stock and added AICS style bottom metal. Accuracy improved quite a bit, but the B&C stock made the rifle kind of heavy. Just before Christmas I saw that MDT had their LSS Chassis on sale for $299 and snapped one up. Took five minutes to drop the barreled action into the chassis. Used a Magpul pistol grip and a Luth-AR adjustable butt stock with a Limb Saver pad on it. Shooting off a bipod it will put ten rounds into a 1 inch bull at 100 yards. The aluminum chassis lightened the gun up enough that it's comfortable to carry in the field. Oh, I'm running a Vortex Viper HST 6-24X50 for glass.
    The mdt lss is also what I put mine in. I had it in a Choate stock using the factory mag setup and the ai mags feed so much better. What’s funny is I put the Choate stock and factory bottom metal on my savage 12fv 22-250 that thing feeds like butter!